Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th September 2019, 03:24 PM
Banned

Default Help _ processing ADOX Scala 50

how, what process, any ideas

thanks

Bristol Cameras sell the film and have NO idea how to process it other than say you used to send it to Agfa
Old 30th September 2019, 05:09 PM
Friend

I believe it needs special process, it was always processed by Agfa, but know Agfa has gone I would only suggest a google search
Richard
Old 30th September 2019, 05:38 PM
Banned

Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
I believe it needs special process, it was always processed by Agfa, but know Agfa has gone I would only suggest a google search
Richard
I have, ended up asking here

What's the point of selling films no one can process

Old 30th September 2019, 06:11 PM
Friend

Rihard-
I think it's this Cannik means:

https://ntphotoworks.com/product/agfa-scala-35mm-36exp/

The vendor suggests a few differet people who will process for you (Germany and USA) or he'll sell you a reversal kit.
If it looks anything llike the original Scala was lovely stuff.

ps- Other (cheaper) reversal kits are available

https://shop.silverprint.co.uk/Fomap.../54404/V70150/

Last edited by skellum; 30th September 2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 30th September 2019, 07:43 PM
Administrator

I have deleted the duplicate thread - there were no replies (apart from Mike's - thanks Mike) in that thread.
Old 30th September 2019, 08:55 PM
Friend

Adox Scala 50 is simply HR-50 with a new label to demonstrate the emulsions capabilities when processed as a slide. You can process this film the same as you would HR-50 to get a negative image. If you want a slide then skellum is right, there are many places worldwide that will process reversal for you, I believe the Adox website has a few recommendations. Reversal processing black and white negatives is much easier than it may seem. Foma makes a kit, bellini makes a kit there used to be a tmax kit not sure if thats still on the market or you can make up the chemistry yourself from recipies online. You will need a suitable bulb for a re exposure step and a reel that can be loaded wet (stainless steel) if you cant load the reel wet you can attempt to mix up your own reversal bath using formulas online (IIRC the darkroom cookbook has one in it) or just do the rest of the processing using the "see saw" method.

Black and white slides are fantastic when done right, the first thing you'll notice is the incredible tonality when scanned with a suitable scanner or printed on direct positive paper.

Best wishes, hope the photos come out good!
Old 30th September 2019, 09:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I have deleted the duplicate thread - there were no replies (apart from Mike's - thanks Mike) in that thread.
Do we need to feed the troll ?
Old 1st October 2019, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Rihard-
I think it's this Cannik means:

https://ntphotoworks.com/product/agfa-scala-35mm-36exp/

The vendor suggests a few differet people who will process for you (Germany and USA) or he'll sell you a reversal kit.
If it looks anything llike the original Scala was lovely stuff.

ps- Other (cheaper) reversal kits are available

https://shop.silverprint.co.uk/Fomap.../54404/V70150/
No I mean, scala 50

https://www.fotoimpex.com/films/adox...UaAjOPEALw_wcB

Old 1st October 2019, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmakosk View Post
Adox Scala 50 is simply HR-50 with a new label to demonstrate the emulsions capabilities when processed as a slide. You can process this film the same as you would HR-50 to get a negative image. If you want a slide then skellum is right, there are many places worldwide that will process reversal for you, I believe the Adox website has a few recommendations. Reversal processing black and white negatives is much easier than it may seem. Foma makes a kit, bellini makes a kit there used to be a tmax kit not sure if thats still on the market or you can make up the chemistry yourself from recipies online. You will need a suitable bulb for a re exposure step and a reel that can be loaded wet (stainless steel) if you cant load the reel wet you can attempt to mix up your own reversal bath using formulas online (IIRC the darkroom cookbook has one in it) or just do the rest of the processing using the "see saw" method.

Black and white slides are fantastic when done right, the first thing you'll notice is the incredible tonality when scanned with a suitable scanner or printed on direct positive paper.

Best wishes, hope the photos come out good!
Thanks

Old 24th November 2020, 02:25 PM
Friend

I've just had an email from Fotoimpex about a new reversal processing kit for Adox Scala.

https://www.fotoimpex.com/chemistry/...rocessing.html

Now, I haven't taken any black and white slides since the 1980s and early 1990s when Agfa DiaDirect was still available and had to be sent off to Wimbledon for processing. I've just bought some Adox Scala 50 from Nik & Trick but have been wondering which processing kit to get: the Bellini, the Foma, or something else. The specific processing times for Scala were missing from the instructions from the Bellini and the Foma, so I hope that the Adox kit gives these details. I certainly can't find them on the Adox website at the moment, nor any mention of the kit itself.
Does one have to be gentle on the Scala film in the same way that Ferrania P30 isn't recommended for use in a motor-driven camera? I have a choice of Leica M, Contax RTSII, Rollei 35, or the motor-only Rolleiflex 3003.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies