Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th August 2011, 06:51 PM
Friend

Unhappy the leitz focomat v35

Hi all,i've brought the leitz focomat v35 colour head enlarger,from ebay,about few months ago, which was great well thats what i thought.As i've used my enlarger quit abit,i have noticed that when i enlarge or lower it ,i have noticed it being unstable and moves about an inch when i have tightened it.Does any one have any similar issues? Many thanks from a very sad Tony Trot!:
Old 30th August 2011, 08:07 PM
Friend

No my friend, yours is worn out I'm afrade. It's most probably had lots of Pro use. It could be repaired though.
Many of the Focomat V35's on eBay were at one time used by the press, studios or labs were much used and weren't looked after.
J.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"
Old 30th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Friend

Bad luck,Tony. I think you are saying that the problem you now have is one that has only manifested itself in the last few weeks/days and that it was OK when first received?

Seems strange that it should suddenly( relatively speaking) start slipping. This might be a hopeful sign in that something has loosened so might be easily fixable

How good were the seller's ratings and what if anything did he/she have to say about its condition?

I have no idea as to who can repair these enlargers but maybe someone here knows of a repair source. For what it is worth it might be worthwhile contacting the seller and letting him/her know of the issue.

I have no idea about the e-bay complaints procedure but I'd look into it just in case and if you can register a complaint then I'd do so after giving the seller a chance to offer of recompense

Mike
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:33 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytrot View Post
Hi all,i've brought the leitz focomat v35 colour head enlarger,from ebay,about few months ago, which was great well thats what i thought.As i've used my enlarger quit abit,i have noticed that when i enlarge or lower it ,i have noticed it being unstable and moves about an inch when i have tightened it.Does any one have any similar issues? Many thanks from a very sad Tony Trot!:

...Tony, I came across some material that you may find useful in solving your V35 alignment issue. I am not entirely sure what rules govern the posting of URLs on this forum, but I hope the following link is not frowned upon by the moderator(s):

http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00MSSb

Hope this helps.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies