Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd July 2017, 08:12 AM
Friend

The thread is called
Developing Sheet Film in a Paterson Orbital Processor
It was started by Trevor Crone. I hope it is of some interest.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 3rd July 2017, 04:13 PM
Friend

Thumbs down

thanks Alexmuir yes its all there I have now altered the orbital tank to take film just like Trevor crone has .I just pointed the camera on to the field nest door ,there was idea of taking good pictures it was just to check the camera and myself to make sure we both work..:-)

www.essexcockney.com
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:02 PM
Friend

The MPP is an excellent and very versatile 5" X 4" camera. May I suggest FP4?
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:29 PM
Friend

cliveh I have just bought a box of fomapan 100 to get through ,yes I do like Ilford film especially FP4 ,but I am on such a tight learning curve at the moment ,I am having fun I have had to work out how to load the film use the camera and find a good way of developing the film ,and now that I have adapted the Paterson orbital I feel that I am getting there .I cannot wait to take some portraits with it ..
Old 4th July 2017, 11:37 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
..by the way the three negs I developed came out ok boring but ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I've had some similar 4x5 experiences......the negatives come out well, but are boring. I made some yesterday, but am still to develop them. Hoping they are less boring!
Alex
I had to laugh, but I'm sure we've all taken pictures, where obviously something caught our eyes and then when we've developed the film, in whatever format, we look at them and maybe contact print them and think... Why did I bother taking this or that picture?... or pictureS in many of my films.

I know that I've taken a lot of 'boring' pictures in my time and will probably continue to but as long as they give me pleasure along the way, I'll continue, hoping for a good one occasionally... LOL

Terry S
Old 4th July 2017, 11:51 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
cliveh I have just bought a box of fomapan 100 to get through ,yes I do like Ilford film especially FP4 ,but I am on such a tight learning curve at the moment ,I am having fun I have had to work out how to load the film use the camera and find a good way of developing the film ,and now that I have adapted the Paterson orbital I feel that I am getting there .I cannot wait to take some portraits with it ..
I'm glad you're using the camera Paul. I hadn't used it for a few years and decided that it needed a good home.

Maybe one day I will buy another LF camera, I certainly wont rule it out.

Have fun.

Keith.
Old 9th July 2017, 12:57 PM
Friend

thanks Keith yes I am having fun and all the help from everybody is a great help ,also its the first British made camera I have ever owned , and its really well made . I am slowly getting used to it ..so I wont be the next David bailey ,but I am still enjoying my photography after all these years
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies