Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th June 2017, 04:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
The thread I referred to was called 'Development methods for 4x5' and it started on 29/8/2015 on the Large Format Photography Forum. I don't know how to make a link to it, but a forum search for that title will likely bring it up.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This one

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 29th June 2017, 10:06 PM
Friend

Thanks, Marty! That is the thread. It includes quite a lot of useful and interesting information, including the Taco method. The modification I've seen for the two sheet approach is to stick two thin plastic strips vertically to opposite sides of the tank to help keep the sheets in place during processing.
Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 1st July 2017, 12:20 AM
Friend

some of my dark slides are a bit stiff and stick a little I was thinking about using furniture polish spray or silicone spray to lubricate them so they slide in and out smoothly what do you do ..
Old 1st July 2017, 10:43 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
some of my dark slides are a bit stiff and stick a little I was thinking about using furniture polish spray or silicone spray to lubricate them so they slide in and out smoothly what do you do ..
I wouldn't use any polish or silicon, just exercise them a little.

Ian
Old 1st July 2017, 06:59 PM
Friend

6x6, that was it. Then the Arca, 5x4, that was it. Then the Cambo I modificated onto the Arca. 10x8, that was it. now I've found enough ULF lenses to have a go at bigger...... 20x16, anyone? To quote Captain Jean-Luc Picard's worst enemy, resistance is futile.....!!!!!
Old 1st July 2017, 11:21 PM
Friend

just loaded six sheets of fomapan 100 in to three holders ,the first one I was a bit worried the second one no trouble all the rest a piece of cake ,I will shoot them tomorrow and see how it goes .the reason I got it is to shoot portraits David bailey style ,as if ....I am going to develop in DD-X , I don't know whether to try 8mins or 9mins will make my mind up when I come to develop them .I have had a couple of dry runs with the camera ,but it will be for real tomorrow
Old 2nd July 2017, 07:07 AM
Friend

Not that you need me to remind you Paul, but just remember to check that the aperture is closed before removing the darkslide. And not to forget to put the darkslide back in with the dark, film exposed side showing.

Other than that, enjoy

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:30 PM
Friend

here we go again I tried the taco way but I found that I had to push the baffle bit down and in so doing bend the film . well I had a dig around and found a Paterson orbital colour print processer does anybody here use one to develop there 5x4 film ..by the way the three negs I developed came out ok boring but ok
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:25 PM
Friend

I have just developed three negs in the Paterson orbital tank and it works great the only problem is when I poured out the dev or stop ,when the fixer went in one of the negs was laying on top of another one so when fixing was finished I took the top of and one of the negs was still green so I fixed it a bit longer ,the negs were boring but have came out well..so all I have to do is make four pegs a bit longer so they stop the negs moving and I recon it will be great it will take four negs and not much chemical so I am well pleased ...I knew that one day that orbital tank would come in handy I have had it for a very long time ,and this is the first time I have used it ....
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:04 AM
Friend

Hi Paul. You should look at old threads on FADU about using the orbital. You can modify it for better results. You can make new pegs from the blue plastic stems of cotton buds. The sizes are given in one of the old posts. You cut them long enough to reach the underside of the lid. You can also put silicone domes on the base to allow chemicals to flow under the film. I've had some similar 4x5 experiences......the negatives come out well, but are boring. I made some yesterday, but am still to develop them. Hoping they are less boring!
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies