Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th March 2020, 12:00 PM
Friend

Default Teesdale

Sadly I have to agree with you just to be on the safe side. However by May the situation may have improved so that another get together could be arranged. We can only hope.

Being of a certain age I have self isolated although at present I seem to be free of infection. I can go out for exercise (Walking) and essential food shopping. However, as an extension to the 'essential exercise' part, I cannot see what is wrong with going into my driveway, getting into my car and driving to somewhere a lot more interesting than around where I live. There, to park up and go for my walk, take a few pictures and drive back home. No contact with anyone so fully complying with the Governments guide lines.

As those who know the area around Teesdale and Weardale there are more sheep than people.
Old 18th March 2020, 12:29 PM
Friend

Bad luck Martin - it was a great idea.

A must do for after the 'all clear' clear has be given.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 18th March 2020, 12:40 PM
Friend

Yes, what a shame that the meeting of members has had to be abandoned. Hopefully you can all reschedule in the near future.

Also, being someone with many medical conditions, I am doing as the government recommends and have self isolated myself.

I usually have a busy week volunteering and going to groups of interest at various places, but they have all now closed their doors until further notice.

The garden is starting to come into bloom and I need to sow a lot of seeds in the greenhouse and the grass is well overdue a cut or two. Then there is the darkroom, where I'll be going a bit more regularly, with more time on my hands. So I've got a few days at least, that I can find things to occupy myself.

But, like John King, I don't see myself being totally isolated in my house and garden, as I too, just have to get out for a change of view occasionally.

I think that as long as we all take sensible precautions, there is no reason for us all to not pop out to take some pictures or get just take in a different view for an hour.

Keep safe and keep well everyone.

Terry S
Old 18th March 2020, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know Martin. Shame but inevitable under current circumstances. Hopefully we can do later.
Old 18th March 2020, 05:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Being of a certain age I have self isolated although at present I seem to be free of infection. I can go out for exercise (Walking) and essential food shopping. However, as an extension to the 'essential exercise' part, I cannot see what is wrong with going into my driveway, getting into my car and driving to somewhere a lot more interesting than around where I live. There, to park up and go for my walk, take a few pictures and drive back home. No contact with anyone so fully complying with the Governments guide lines.
I too do not intend to spend the forthcoming weeks stuck inside all the time.

I see no reason if you are feeling well, you cannot go out in your car, heading for the great outdoors, taking your camera with you and simply keep a sensible distance from anyone else.

For those like me who don't like people in their photographs it might even be a bonus.

Martin
Old 18th March 2020, 09:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
I too do not intend to spend the forthcoming weeks stuck inside all the time.

I see no reason if you are feeling well, you cannot go out in your car, heading for the great outdoors, taking your camera with you and simply keep a sensible distance from anyone else.

For those like me who don't like people in their photographs it might even be a bonus.

Martin
I am ahead of your last sentence!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies