Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th July 2014, 01:38 PM
Friend

Default Hartland Quay Gathering - in November

Hartland Quay Gathering - weekend November 21/22/23 2014

We are visiting this fantastic location once again and I can honestly say it is by popular demand. Since our last visit I have had many requests to do it again – so here it is!

If you haven't been to Hartland Quay do take a look at the hotel's website and take time to read their description of Hartland Quay:

http://hartlandquayhotel.co.uk/

This is why it is such a good photographic location

The date of the weekend has been chosen to ensure the tide is just right for safe access on to the beaches. So if coastal work is something you enjoy doing why not come along and join in – everyone is welcome and you are bound to have a good time with like-minded people!

We have been fortunate to have the Hartland Quay Hotel once again for this gathering. The hotel is an memorable place to stay in its own right, being located at the bottom of the impressive Hartland Cliffs you are only a few dozen meters away from the sea - and that is when you are in your bed! You can literally do sensational photography right from the hotel door. As well as Hartland Quay there is Blegberry Wood / Beach, Stoke, Spekes Mill, Sandy Mouth, Widemouth Bay, Millook , Crackington Haven and Bostcastle all of which are not far from Hartland Quay. But the chances are you will not want to stray far from Hartland Quay!

The manageress of the hotel (Jill) is currently keeping a number of rooms reserved for this gathering because she wants to be able to offer us the best rooms available.

Booking Details

Book direct with the hotel and ask for Jill (the manageress) also mention you are part of the FADU photography group.

*I would strongly advise early booking to avoid disappointment*

Hartland Quay Hotel
Hartland
North Devon
EX39 6DU

http://www.hartlandquayhotel.co.uk/

Phone: 01237 441 218
Email: info@hartlandquayhotel.com

B&B en-suit accommodation is £50 per night per person per room. This means singles will be accommodated in a double at £50 per night per room with no extra charge. Those requiring accommodation with their partners will be accommodated in a double room at £50 per night per person.

Alternatively, a variety of accommodation in the form of inns, hotels, B&Bs and camping sites is available within the area to suit all pockets and tastes.

The format for the weekend will be the same as before with our other gatherings – informal and to do some photography. Hopefully we shall also have an impromptu print sharing session in the hotel so please bring along a few prints if you can.

Any walking will be light to moderate and the emphasis will be on maximising image making opportunities rather than doing long treks. As the weather in North Devon can be unpredictable outdoor clothing and walking boots / shoes are recommended.

If you can’t make the whole weekend but can manage to come along for a day or two, or join in for a few hours on one of the days or evenings, you would be made most welcome. If so do get in touch with me here or by PM to discuss the details.

If you decide to join us please let me know by posting on this thread so I can update the 'those attending list' in order to keep everyone updated.

If you have any questions / queries that are not covered in the above please raise them here or send me a PM.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 20th July 2014, 01:46 PM
Friend

Default Booked so far:

Booked so far:

Neil (B&W Neil)
Barry Wilkinson
Bob Francis
Jon Butler

Neil Souch
Old 20th July 2014, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Thanks for organising Neil - very much looking forward to it - and meeting you again and anyone else who can make it!

Cheers, Bob.
Old 20th July 2014, 04:26 PM
Friend

Bob, many thanks. Whatever happens I'm sure we shall all enjoy ourselves - roll on November and some decent light

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 20th July 2014, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Many thanks from me also Neil. Trying to agree dates with hotels is sometimes like 'trying to herd cats'

Looking froward to it.
Old 20th July 2014, 05:39 PM
Friend

Thanks Barry, I enjoyed doing it - I think !!! Jill made it easy TBH - hopefully we shall a have similar good fortune with the early 2015 gathering, as yet to be disclosed

Neil.

Neil Souch

Last edited by B&W Neil; 20th July 2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 20th July 2014, 09:16 PM
Friend

I feel the same as other guys, thanks Neil. It's a great location for photography and grabbing a couple pints and a pasty for lunch.
Will be a change for me after spending most of September and October in Greece, I'll look forward to it.
J.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"
Old 21st July 2014, 10:54 AM
Friend

Thanks Jon and good to have you with us. Hartland in November should be a tad cooler than Greece in October!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 21st July 2014, 02:21 PM
Friend

Default Good news on hotel prices :-)

Important news - hotel room Special FADU Discount update

I have just heard from the Jill at the Hartland Quay and she would like to offer a special deal for FADU members when booking for the three days of our gathering over the weekend 21/22/23 of November.

If you book the full three days a 20% discount will apply. This means you will be paying as single £120 for your stay instead of the normal £150. The same 20% discount will apply when booking a double room for yourself and your partner. Just mention the discount and FADU when you make your booking to ensure you get the discounted rate.

Jill also mentions they can do an early breakfast for anyone who wanted to be out early and that some of the rooms will be double rooms (at a single rate) with a sea view.

This is very good news indeed and extremely generous of Jill to look after FADU like this. This has to be the bargain UK photo gathering of the year - so don't miss out on this one

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 21st July 2014, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Great news indeed! Now where shall I spend my savings
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies