Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th November 2016, 10:27 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Default Signing in

I find that periodically when I want to come to the site that I have become logged out. Up to recently by ticking the 'recognise me' button or whatever at the top of the logging in page, I would be able to get into the site without having to 'remember' my password - just one of some 60 I seem to need to do the various things I do on the Internet. Has there been a change in the way the site is set up to make one log in occasionally?
Thanks, Mike
Old 10th November 2016, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Hi Mike.

No changes have been made.

Other people with the same issue have resolved this by clearing any FADU cookies from the browser - sometimes the cookie gets corrupted and stops the site from recognising you.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 10th November 2016, 12:46 PM
Friend

In addition to what Bob has said and in case it applies, just be aware that if you clear your browsing history( which may or may not be the same as your cache) you will have to sign-in again.

At least when I periodically clear my history I find that I have to sign-in again. However I can confirm that as long as I have ticked the "remember me" box and haven't cleared my history then I automatically get into FADU without any signing-in

Mike
Old 10th November 2016, 01:36 PM
Friend

From time to time I clear my browsing history, but I have only had to sign in again when I recently was forced to change my computer,(old one stopped working), could it be a browser thing? I know very little about computers, but I use Chrome and never need to sign in
Richard
Old 10th November 2016, 02:01 PM
Friend

Mike - I have my browsers (Opera, Firefox) set to clear cookies with every shut down (gets rid of the clutter), but I also use the Password Saver feature in these. Works great. Fadu is one of my saved passwords - it automatically populates the login ID and PW fields so all I have to do is click Log In and I'm in. Obviously you want to be careful which passwords you allow your browser to save -- I only use it for sites where my life can't get messed up if someone steals my laptop. Banking, shopping sites w. saved CC info, etc., are a no-go.

Hope this helps...

Svend
Old 11th November 2016, 10:31 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Thanks for all the replies - I think it is probably the history/cookies problem as I have recently cleared them and reviewed the settings.
Thanks, Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies