Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th May 2020, 02:33 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
here are a couple of half decent prints from my experiment ,I have found that the bigger the print you are copying the better and b/w copies better than colour ,just ,they are from 5x4 colour prints .Attachment 3726

Attachment 3727

Attachment 3728
Hi Paul

Is the first one Ford engineering centre at Dunton ?

I take it the 2nd and 3rd are the Dagenham manufacturing facility ?

Thanks

Martin
Old 4th May 2020, 04:21 PM
Friend

Hi Martin they are all ford Dagenham the gate is the one I spent most of my ford working life going through ,here is another one this is the main entrance .I have the colour ones on my website ..keep safe ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	3733

www.essexcockney.com
Old 4th May 2020, 08:14 PM
Friend

I had a friend who uses E Bay put in a bid for a Tamron 90mm Macro lens complete with a Minolta adaptal 2. adapter. That came today unfortunately too late to get out and use it. Not only was it a 90mm F2.5 Macro, it came with a 1-1 extension tube and a 2x multiplier, all Tamron so it should be quite useful. Not bad for £77! Tomorrow looks like being quite nice so it will get some use with B&W.
Old 5th May 2020, 12:55 PM
Friend

Just finished trying to take photo's of bubbles.

Hope to develop film this afternoon and if anything comes out try to get some prints done tomorrow.

Here's photo of the set up I used on the dining table.

Will let you know how I get on

Ian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00089.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	3735  
Old 5th May 2020, 04:33 PM
Friend

Today has been spent taking my AE1 for a walk, taking photos of random sh**e as my husband puts it and a peaceful afternoon looking at cameras, I need a 6x6 MF (husband says want is not the same as need)

so is a Bronica SQ a ‘want’ or ‘need’ ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 5th May 2020, 06:39 PM
Friend

As I would tell my wife, I just need that,( name that camera) to complete ( again, name the reason) I mean I am getting older and I just need that AF minolta, then just a second one, after all it is not always easy to change the lens quickly, then there was the 2 Canon.s never had a canpn, and 2 is better than one, then there was the Bronica ETRsi, after all, I have a lovely collection of lenses for it, and the one I have is getting old and battered, so another one in better condition is a good invesrment if my current goes wrong, Then there was the Rolleiflex, realy needed one for 66 for the better quality, and so on and so on, I always really need just that camera, so whatever camera I fancy is just the camera I really need for whatever the reason, and she still agrees with me, after, she just needs that new Dress/skirt/coat or pair of shoes, saves all that arguement, and the Bronica 66 is a good investment in your photography,Get the Idea,as for me passing the time, well, getting easier over here, we are allowed out now for 4 hours a day for anything we like, and on the 12th stay at home is to be lifted, so I will not have to sneak my camera out
Richard
Old 5th May 2020, 06:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonJane View Post
Today has been spent taking my AE1 for a walk, taking photos of random sh**e as my husband puts it and a peaceful afternoon looking at cameras, I need a 6x6 MF (husband says want is not the same as need)

so is a Bronica SQ a ‘want’ or ‘need’ ?

Possession is the remedy for want and need :-)
Old 5th May 2020, 06:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
As I would tell my wife, I just need that,( name that camera) to complete ( again, name the reason) I mean I am getting older and I just need that AF minolta, then just a second one, after all it is not always easy to change the lens quickly, then there was the 2 Canon.s never had a canpn, and 2 is better than one, then there was the Bronica ETRsi, after all, I have a lovely collection of lenses for it, and the one I have is getting old and battered, so another one in better condition is a good invesrment if my current goes wrong, Then there was the Rolleiflex, realy needed one for 66 for the better quality, and so on and so on, I always really need just that camera, so whatever camera I fancy is just the camera I really need for whatever the reason, and she still agrees with me, after, she just needs that new Dress/skirt/coat or pair of shoes, saves all that arguement, and the Bronica 66 is a good investment in your photography,Get the Idea,as for me passing the time, well, getting easier over here, we are allowed out now for 4 hours a day for anything we like, and on the 12th stay at home is to be lifted, so I will not have to sneak my camera out
Richard

Richard your reply did make me chuckle 😂😂😂

Old 5th May 2020, 07:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
Possession is the remedy for want and need :-)

😂😂😂

Old 5th May 2020, 07:24 PM
Friend

Jane if we just lived our lives on need life would be so boring ,we have to have some want sometimes .since my wife found a hobby card making ,and believe me its not cheap ,if she says do you need it or want it ,I say the same to her ,so we have come to a agreement if we can afford it we get it ,life's to short ,as we are finding out ...
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies