Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th February 2012, 11:28 PM
Friend

Hi and welcome to FADU

neil
Old 17th February 2012, 06:13 PM
Friend

Welcome Joe

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 17th February 2012, 07:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenail View Post
Cheers folks. Falmouth is a long way (couldn't be much further without leaving the UK), but it's a good course, so hopefully it'll be worth it

Hi Joe, Falmouth is a nice place. I've visited it several times as it's about 90 mins from Plymouth (where I live). It also seems to have a good artistic community. I saw a photo of the Uni darkroom on the web and it looked very impressive too.

Newquay airport is not too far away with cheap flights. Hope you have a great time.
Old 18th February 2012, 07:40 PM
Friend

Hello and welcome to the forum Joe.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 20th February 2012, 12:51 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Hi Joe, Falmouth is a nice place. I've visited it several times as it's about 90 mins from Plymouth (where I live). It also seems to have a good artistic community. I saw a photo of the Uni darkroom on the web and it looked very impressive too.

Newquay airport is not too far away with cheap flights. Hope you have a great time.
The darkroom is one of the reasons I've chose Falmouth, I believe they've recently built a new photography dept. with big fancy studios and darkrooms, etc. Not sure about the art community in Falmouth though (besides the uni, of course), you might be thinking of St. Ives, which isn't too far away.

-J
Old 20th February 2012, 08:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenail View Post
The darkroom is one of the reasons I've chose Falmouth, I believe they've recently built a new photography dept. with big fancy studios and darkrooms, etc. Not sure about the art community in Falmouth though (besides the uni, of course), you might be thinking of St. Ives, which isn't too far away.

-J
I was at a film festival held in Falmouth some years ago with a friend who works in the film business. Everyone we met seemed to be in some artistic field and living around the area or not too far away. But, perhaps they all just got together for the festival and could have given us a false impression. Yes as you say, St. Ives has a very well known and long standing art community. If you are like me and like art as well as photography, it is very interesting and stimulating.

Have fun.

Last edited by JohnB; 20th February 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies