Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th February 2017, 05:45 PM
Friend

Default West Midlands LF weekend April/May

A few here on the forum are interested/thinking about moving up to LF (large format) photography. This was prompted by discussion with GodOldNorm, and PM's with others.

At the moment the date is fluid any time from Easter Friday - 15th April through all of May.

The idea is full hands on experience with a variety of cameras and lenses for those wanting to try LF for the first time, including various methods of film processing.

The location is the Wyre Forest area (Kidderminster), and includes the Severn Valley Railway. Users of other formats welcome to join us.

Ian
Old 21st February 2017, 03:19 PM
Friend

Hi Ian

Great idea - count me in.

I'm flexible as to when although Madam and I often try and do a week in Cornwall late May ~ early June - missing half term hols if possible.

I'd probably stay in somewhere like Kidderminster for the Fri, Sat and may-be Sun night.

I've always wanted to shoot at the SVR Loco Sheds - if that appeals to enough of us.

Martin
Old 22nd February 2017, 07:59 AM
Friend

I can make it for a day preferably a Saturday, Would anyone mind if I run my rule and vernier caliper over their camera? I am looking for inspiration and ideas on building a one off large format camera for my own use. Or, I maybe tempted to restore a camera if it ticks most of my boxes. I will bring "my brick" Fuji GW670 lll I'm sure it is every bit as heavy as some 5x4's but not as flexible.
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:27 AM
Friend

No problem Norm, I have a Wista 45DS you can check over, you can also see my home made 6x6 field camera which is a prototype for a 6x17.5x4 camera I'll build in a few months.

I'm sue there'll be different cameras as well. I also have quite a few camera parts from a variety of wood/brass cameras none 5x4 but you could get an idea what to look out for.

Ian
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:13 AM
Friend

I would like to attend ...
Any further news ?
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:54 AM
Friend

I'm thinking the weekend 6th/7th May or 29th/30th April.

Ian
Old 23rd February 2017, 02:37 PM
Friend

Default West Midlands LF weekend

Hi Ian,
I might be able to turn up one of the days (if you actually stretch it over more than one day). Forget any route marches though, I'm too old and knackered. Access to the SVR sheds is not easy, they're up to their armpits in the dreaded H&S. Have you posted this anywhere else?
Pete.
Old 23rd February 2017, 03:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete O View Post
Hi Ian,
I might be able to turn up one of the days (if you actually stretch it over more than one day). Forget any route marches though, I'm too old and knackered. Access to the SVR sheds is not easy, they're up to their armpits in the dreaded H&S. Have you posted this anywhere else?
Pete.
It's looking like the 29th/30th April is the best dates, the Saturday is probably best if coming just one day.

I'll post on APUG and LFPF at some stage there's 6 or 7 people so far.

Ian
Old 25th February 2017, 07:13 PM
Friend

Just to confirm the date is now set 29th/30th April,

Ian
Old 15th March 2017, 06:29 PM
Friend

Default Update

A quick update:

There are 6 possibly 7 photographers joining us at present.

This is a cross forum event and there are 6 or 7 already committed to attending.

As above he Saturday will be spent on or around the Severn Valley Railway starting in Kidderminster. There will be some new potential LF users joining us that day and equipment is available for them. There will be darkroom access later in the day.

Some people are stopping for the weekend and there will be a varied day of shooting locations on the Sunday. Any LF user or potential user is welcome to join us. There is local accommodation available and a communal evening meal planned for the Saturday evening, with a print sharing discussion session after.

Please PM is interested in joining us, there's already a few from this Forum & APUG / LFPF.

Ian
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies