Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 9th September 2022, 02:14 PM
Friend

My offering for this months PE has finally been posted by first class today - Friday 09/09/2022.

Please allow extra time for the intermittent postal strike.

Apologies all round.

Terry S
Old 14th September 2022, 03:36 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering for this months PE has finally been posted by first class today - Friday 09/09/2022.

Please allow extra time for the intermittent postal strike.

Apologies all round.

Terry S
And arrived today, thanks. Two small prints from a 120 negatives made in a Brownie Camera and a letter detailing how he tried printing 10" x 8" prints with which he was not happy not helped by inadvertently using the wrong lens in the enlarger; a familiar scenario to me and an ageing brain. The Brownie cameras were only designed for small snaps and so could not be expected produce sharp enlargements. It is encouraging that you use and enjoy printing from these 'toy' cameras but for me I have a hard time producing satisfactory prints from 'quality' cameras. The two prints will join the other prints in a file from the Exchange illustrating the wide range of 'real' photographic prints our members produce.

Thanks, Mike
Old 14th September 2022, 04:42 PM
Friend

I believe mine still has to arrive. Postal strikes?

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 14th September 2022, 08:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
I believe mine still has to arrive. Postal strikes?
Got here today will comment later but it is here I was. In hospital for a couple of days but I loved them many thanks
Richard
Old 15th September 2022, 07:09 PM
Friend

HiMarty, as promised my comments on your prints. Of the 2 I like the oneof the fishing boat the best, it looks just what it is, a well nworn, slightly tired, pot boat, , tatty, all the scars of much hard work, just lying there waiting for a launch to do more hard work, and the soft light suits it. lovely. T second one is nice to, very dark and very lonely, just waiting for someone to come along. both lovely but the boat just edges them, another 2 fror my collection, Thanks very much, just sorry the strikes deled them
Richard
Old 15th September 2022, 07:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Richard,
Here they are and my wife already picked her favourite of these three wonderful prints. I very much like the toning on the coast photos. Just perfectly right. Thank you very much!
Best wishes,
Frank
Hi Frank, glad they got there safely despite the strikes, and got to you farily quickly, sorry forbtaking so long to reply, but I have been in and out of Hospital most of the month, but at least they, at long last, have found out what is wrong with me, and I now await the rreatment, which might be worse than the illness
Richard
Old 15th September 2022, 09:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
HiMarty, as promised my comments on your prints. Of the 2 I like the oneof the fishing boat the best, it looks just what it is, a well nworn, slightly tired, pot boat, , tatty, all the scars of much hard work, just lying there waiting for a launch to do more hard work, and the soft light suits it. lovely. T second one is nice to, very dark and very lonely, just waiting for someone to come along. both lovely but the boat just edges them, another 2 fror my collection, Thanks very much, just sorry the strikes deled them
Richard
Thank you so much for your kind words, Richard. You've been an inspiration for me on this forum and especially, participation in the print exchange rounds.

Sorry, to hear about the hospital business and you know, we're all wishing you well.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 17th September 2022, 01:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
And arrived today, thanks. Two small prints from a 120 negatives made in a Brownie Camera...

Thanks, Mike
And the two prints have finally been put in the August 2022 gallery :

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/3093

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/3094

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies