Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th March 2020, 07:14 AM
Friend

Default Baeuerle 762 enlarger timer problem

Hi can anyone help please.My timer as above has developed a fault.When plug in on its own the timer appears to work ok.When plugged into my enlarger stabiliser the white rocker switch will turn on the enlarger light permanently but when you switch to the other position and set the timer off the light fails to come on.Wonder if anyone has had a similar problem or could suggest a solution. I am limited in the timers I can use as my enlarger is fitted with a Euro plug which goes to the timer and I am loath to change this set up.Many thanks.
Old 13th March 2020, 09:09 AM
Friend

Default Baeuerle Timer

I use one of these which had a similar problem and it was seemingly simply down to accumulated grubbiness inside. If you can work out how to take it apart, by which I mean expose the innards you may be surprised at the dirt that accumulates inside.

I say 'if you can work out' how to get inside because I am not sure what model you have and getting inside may be different

The principal problem with mine was either the light would not come on unless the expose button was repeatedly pressed.

What I did was use a spray that was intended to clean up electronics and this just dissolved the muck away. It is rapid drying so a quick shake and in 10 minutes mine was reassembled and working as well as when new. My can of spray came from Maplins. Their shops are no more but they still exist on line.

These timers are as tough as old boots and very accurate so if you can have a go at cleaning the inside this may well sort out your problem like it did for me.
Old 14th March 2020, 06:26 AM
Friend

Default Baeuerle enlarger timer

Hi John,many thanks for your reply and suggestions.I have taken the timer to pieces and it looks surprisingly clean inside.I found the amount of wires a little daunting but gave them all a little push especially in the area of the white toggle switch. On reassembling the timer I found it now works perfectly,and I hope it will continue to do so for many more years. Thanks once again for your reply.
Old 14th March 2020, 10:25 AM
Friend

Default Baeuerle 762 enlarger timer problem

Sent from
Old 14th March 2020, 10:34 AM
Friend

Sorry about the double post. I was trying to reply, and send a text at the same time!
I just wanted to mention a point about the euro plug, Barry. If that is the round two pin type, then there are a few timers available with this fitting. Most , if not all , Durst models. The Tim 60 is one which has a dial type setting. All the Beauerle models, together with Stag, which I believe is the same manufacturer, and the ones made for Meopta enlargers. Strangely, my Leitz V35 has a UK 3 pin plug, so I use a travel adapter to allow me to use a Beauerle 785 digital timer.
I’m glad you got yours fixed, but I thought this information may assist if you need a new one in future.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 14th March 2020, 06:22 PM
Friend

Default Baeuerle 762 enlarger timer

Hi Alex,thank you kindly for the additional information you supplied about enlargers using the 2 pin Euro plug.Hopefully my timer will now be ok for the future !
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies