Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th March 2017, 09:40 PM
Friend

thanks for that MartyNL I have set the recorder now.. been playing with my new toy so I may be in my darkroom tomorrow night developing film ,but I like to watch programmes like that when I haven't got grandchildren running all over the place ....

www.essexcockney.com
Old 7th March 2017, 10:28 PM
Friend

I watched it tonight on catch-up...excellent. Agree with big_paul, I enjoyed every minute, a lot better than I expected. High hopes for the rest of the series.
Michael
Old 7th March 2017, 11:26 PM
Friend

Watched it, very good, even my wife found it ok although she did get annoyed with me shouting out the names of various cameras when they appeared on screen.

"DEARDORFF!"
Old 8th March 2017, 12:25 PM
Friend

I found it to be a well-explained history of 19th century photography that was interesting for Joe Public and the likes of ourselves. I was reminded of various facts and chronology that I had probably read somewhere but had forgotten.

I'll certainly watch the next episode

Mike
Old 8th March 2017, 01:26 PM
Friend

Like buses, we now seem to have a few things photographic to watch.

I'll put it on a link of it's own, but on Film4 tonight, is a programme at 2.20am - 4.00am (so deffo for me needs to be recorded) about Anton Corbijn, entitled 'Inside Out.' If you don't know, he is the go to photographer for many big bands and does a lot of film and lith work

I must check my dvd collection as I think I have it already but I will tape it and enjoy a second watch regardless.

Terry S
Old 8th March 2017, 02:03 PM
Friend

And there's more at the end of next week, according to the RadioTimes. The on-line schedule for BBC4 only goes up to next Wednesday at the moment, but the programmes are being shown on Thursday 16/03/2017:

20:30 - 21:00 GMT - What Do Artists Do All Day: Dougie Wallace on the super-rich in Knightsbridge and Chelsea (almost certain to be digital).
21:00 - 22:00 GMT - Smile! The Nation's Family Album: The journey from Box Brownie and Kodachrome to Instagram.
22:00 - 23:00 GMT - On Camera: Photographers at the BBC: Archive footage of Norman Parkinson, David Bailey (Who's He?), Eve Arnold and Henri Cartier-Bresson.

Nick
Old 8th March 2017, 02:25 PM
Friend

And don't forget that tonight (08/03/2017) at 21:00 GMT BBC4 is showing The Man Who Shot Tutankhamun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08h99sb

Nick
Old 9th March 2017, 11:13 AM
Friend

The Man Who Shot Tutankhamun is available on YouTube at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpNYSiuVktU

Nick
Old 10th March 2017, 05:27 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collas View Post
And there's more at the end of next week, according to the RadioTimes. The on-line schedule for BBC4 only goes up to next Wednesday at the moment, but the programmes are being shown on Thursday 16/03/2017:

20:30 - 21:00 GMT - What Do Artists Do All Day: Dougie Wallace on the super-rich in Knightsbridge and Chelsea (almost certain to be digital).
21:00 - 22:00 GMT - Smile! The Nation's Family Album: The journey from Box Brownie and Kodachrome to Instagram.
22:00 - 23:00 GMT - On Camera: Photographers at the BBC: Archive footage of Norman Parkinson, David Bailey (Who's He?), Eve Arnold and Henri Cartier-Bresson.

Nick
Followed by - We'll take Manhattan.

David Bailey and Jean Shrimpton revolutionising 1960's fashion photography - its a terrifically entertaining film

Martin
Old 10th March 2017, 05:34 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collas View Post
The Man Who Shot Tutankhamun is available on YouTube at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpNYSiuVktU

Nick
Watched this on i player last night a fascinating and enjoyable watch thanks for posting Collas.
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies