Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th January 2015, 09:12 PM
Friend

I've recently upgraded from Lightroom 2 to Lightroom 5. Ver 5 has an option, in the File Export dialog box, to limit the size of the output file. I set this to 199kb and Lightroom works it all out. However I can't remember if this option was present in Lightroom 2.
Old 28th January 2015, 09:48 PM
Friend

Mike, when you've finished editing your image in Lightroom 2 go to File>Export. In the Export box you will find all the settings you need. Here's a screenshot that should tie in with the advice given above. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-28_213919.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	2256  

Tony
Old 31st January 2015, 07:32 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAllan View Post
I've recently upgraded from Lightroom 2 to Lightroom 5. Ver 5 has an option, in the File Export dialog box, to limit the size of the output file. I set this to 199kb and Lightroom works it all out. However I can't remember if this option was present in Lightroom 2.
No, I think even I would have found it by now. I seem to have to look at the exported file outside LR to see its size. Perhaps another trick I am missing?
Thanks, Mike
Old 31st January 2015, 07:45 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

It generally means that you have been at the club in question too long and are starting to branch out by providing them with 'off the list' type of pictures rather than the ones that are expected are of the norm in photo clubs. I'm sure you know the type of thing that I am talking about.

Terry S
To be fair, the photographic standard and imagination in my club has increased but in a direction that appears to be particular to digital prints; a path that lacks 'soul' down which I do not wish to venture and so am out of 'sync' as you suggest. Perhaps I have also stood still in some respects.
Mike
Old 16th September 2015, 02:37 PM
Print Exchange Manager

I have finally solved it by quizzing a more digitally informed member of my club. The answer actually was in TonyMiller's screenshot of the export page of Lightroom had I had the wit to look at it properly (and also in an earlier suggestion from Terry S).
I have resolutely tried to maintain the 'Quality' (Terry S's Compression?) as high as possible ie 100% when reducing it to even 75% makes a massive difference to the file size but not on-screen quality, hence allowing a bigger image. I have been advised that lowering it to 60% (as in TonyMiller's screenshot) is OK.
I hoped I would get there in the end. Can't help being thick!
Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies