Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome printing techniques

  ***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 24th February 2020, 12:14 PM
Terry S Terry S is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex, England UK
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
With the stop and fix you could try replenishment very much the same as I do for colour printing. For every 80sq inches of paper add 100cc of each which will keep them active for a long time. It may even work a time with the developer (Diluted form) but I prefer to ditch the old and start again.
I've never heard of such a high amount of replenishment liquids John.

I follow the Nova instructions for their slot processors, and add 10ml of working strength developer etc. per 10" x 8" (= 8o square inches) when doing B/W work. I generally do this at the end of session, or when about ten 10 x 8's have been printed.

To quote from the AG Photographic site (https://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/no...sor-2076-p.asp), "USAGE BASED REPLENISHMENT - Replenishment rate 10cc of working strength solution per 10x8 print i.e. 50cc per 5 prints, or equivalent print area."

Maybe the amounts are done differently with colour work? If not, I'm curious as to why you replenish the way that you do?

Terry S
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24th February 2020, 01:00 PM
John King John King is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: County Durham
Posts: 2,163
Default

Sorry the replenishment rate should have read 800sq ins - I will claim a typo error.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 24th February 2020, 04:13 PM
Terry S Terry S is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex, England UK
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Sorry the replenishment rate should have read 800sq ins - I will claim a typo error.
Thanks for confirming that John.

I actually went to the AG site to make sure that I had got it right all these years, as I really do doubt my own thoughts quite a lot lately. Something to do with getting older, peeps keep telling me!

But hey, who doesn't make the odd tippo now and ben?

Terry S
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25th February 2020, 09:02 AM
Quendil Quendil is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 296
Default

How long do chemicals last (Roughly) in the Nova slot processors?

Thanks
David
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25th February 2020, 11:42 AM
Terry S Terry S is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex, England UK
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quendil View Post
How long do chemicals last (Roughly) in the Nova slot processors?

Thanks
David
I have found with mine, that as long as they are replenished regularly to top them up and the cover pipes are used, I have had Ilford's multigrade developer, diluted at 1+9, last up until about 3 months. This has been when I've only managed infrequent printing sessions, so not a lot of prints have gone through it, it has 'oxidized and gone off' I presume.

As for the stop, I change it when the colour changes to purple.

As for the fix, I keep a white board to keep track of how many prints have gone through it. I dispense with it and put in fresh, when I'm about half way through the amount that Ilford recommend. I have in the past taken it right up to their recommendations out of curiosity, but I did then get stains and had to reprint on fresh paper, so now do the above.

Terry S
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25th February 2020, 12:06 PM
Quendil Quendil is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I have found with mine, that as long as they are replenished regularly to top them up and the cover pipes are used, I have had Ilford's multigrade developer, diluted at 1+9, last up until about 3 months. This has been when I've only managed infrequent printing sessions, so not a lot of prints have gone through it, it has 'oxidized and gone off' I presume.

As for the stop, I change it when the colour changes to purple.

As for the fix, I keep a white board to keep track of how many prints have gone through it. I dispense with it and put in fresh, when I'm about half way through the amount that Ilford recommend. I have in the past taken it right up to their recommendations out of curiosity, but I did then get stains and had to reprint on fresh paper, so now do the above.

Terry S
Thanks Terry

I have a two slot processor that I have used before. I might set it up again and at least use it for contact prints as it should be easier to get going.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lifespan of Multigrade paper vincent Darkroom 15 20th April 2014 08:08 PM
Lifespan of chemicals SarahP Darkroom 11 22nd October 2013 08:40 PM
Colour paper lifespan Stan160 Colour printing techniques 5 14th December 2011 07:11 AM
HT-2 lifespan Stan160 Manufactured brews 1 17th November 2011 12:03 PM
Single Tray Processing youngrichard Darkroom 15 27th April 2011 06:50 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.