Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st March 2020, 01:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishChris View Post
I have used it before in 120 format check out my results here, still got a few rolls left I found it okay, developed in ID11.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/897934...57671309321196
Your pics look great Chris! Definitely looks like a film to try out.

And I love the use of the TLR. It's the softness around the central sharp part that does it for me. Lovely!

Terry S
Old 1st March 2020, 05:27 PM
Friend

Been intrigued by this thread, have always avoided this film, (the original version) due to it "dodgy" reputation

But have found this on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvrkh48Omo

Thought I would share it (the images start at about 2mins)

Ian
Old 1st March 2020, 06:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Been intrigued by this thread, have always avoided this film, (the original version) due to it "dodgy" reputation

But have found this on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvrkh48Omo

Thought I would share it (the images start at about 2mins)

Ian

I am begining to get impressed by this film and it reminds me of something I've used in the past. Maybe HP3 or early HP4. Very nice tonality and the film appears to be able to handle contrast well.

Many thanks for the Yotube links- most interesting.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st March 2020, 06:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
I have used it before in 120 format check out my results here, still got a few rolls left I found it okay, developed in ID11.

Look good Chris (I’ve just “subbed” on Flickr too!) - it seems to be a film that suits urban scenes or gritty subjects perhaps?
Old 1st March 2020, 07:14 PM
Friend

Thanks for the link,CambsIan, which led me onto a second link. In the first link I liked the comparison between the scene in colour and then b&w. I was surprised at how dark a reddish/maroon was. I had expected it to be lighter but maybe anything that is more towards maroon does come out darker than"pure" red since in the second link a red truck did come our fairly light

Contrast looked fine in both whereas in Neil's link that photographer's shots were a lot more contrasty. The lesson here may be that it depends on the photographer.

It may be that it is slightly more ortho-panchromatic than most films and if so it's a look I quite like

Mike
Old 2nd March 2020, 08:59 AM
Friend

Default Film Ordered

I have now ordered a few rolls of 120 Shanghai GP3 for my 120 pinhole work so hopefully I shall be testing this film soon.

Prints will also be made before I make up my mind if it's going to be a keeper. I am hoping it is because the hit rate with pinhole can be quite low and with a 5x4 pinhole camera - expensive as well!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 2nd March 2020, 09:24 AM
Friend

Quote:

Cracking set of images Chris and they tempt me to give the film a try. Unfortunately I've now got a severe dose of nostalgia for my many years of holidays staying on Gyllyngvase Road.
Old 30th October 2021, 12:01 PM
Friend

220 film is now back in stock.

https://ntphotoworks.com/product/sha...120-roll-film/
Old 30th October 2021, 02:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collas View Post
Thanks, Nick. I hadn't expected to see it in the U.K. this quickly. There is a long thread on the 220 on Photrio where opinions on its quality are very "black and white" to use a bad pun but the interesting aspect is that for the first time a representative of Shanghai has appeared there and seems to want to engage with users about quality

My impression from that person's posts is that there is a sign of real intent to get things right even if Shanghai is not there yet so we may be seeing a new era in its attempt to establish itself

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies