Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st July 2020, 07:50 PM
Friend

Default dip and dunk

i have bought 5 Yankee 5x4 large format tanks for dip & dunk and 12 hangers ,i am going to have another go at the x-ray film ,i will be able to see it develope and there's lesser chance of scratching it ,but at the moment i have Sciatica and i fell over and hurt my arm ,so at the moment i am moving as lest as posable ,as every body who have had Sciatica will know ,anyway mustn't grumble ,as they say where theres a pulse there life ,and i have just about got one
Old 21st July 2020, 08:10 PM
Friend

Sorry to hear about the sciatica, Paul. I have been lucky that it only happened once way back when I was only 32. Mine was down one leg only and I felt constantly that if only that leg could be stretched a few millimetres it would be cured. It was a completely irrational line of thought but I couldn't get it out of my head It was of course as the "medics" said only time that would cure it.

I hope it's not too long in your case

Mike
Old 21st July 2020, 08:26 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
i have bought 5 Yankee 5x4 large format tanks for dip & dunk and 12 hangers ,i am going to have another go at the x-ray film ,i will be able to see it develope and there's lesser chance of scratching it ,but at the moment i have Sciatica and i fell over and hurt my arm ,so at the moment i am moving as lest as posable ,as every body who have had Sciatica will know ,anyway mustn't grumble ,as they say where theres a pulse there life ,and i have just about got one
Ouch, I can sympathise with sciattica, I get it myself, that is, for me, down to gardening, very painful, but I have escaped it for nearly a year now, but it is in the Winter that it hits me, take it easy and get well soon
Richard
Old 21st July 2020, 08:52 PM
Friend

I've also had bouts of sciatica (down the left) and meralgia (down the right), these were words I'd only heard of as a child and never knew what they meant until later in life. So my sympathies to anyone who experiences these terrible conditions.
And best of luck with the dip and dunk. It worked well at Uni but I've never tried it since. I found good agitation was key to good processing at the time.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 22nd July 2020, 10:13 PM
Friend

To cheer you up a bit, I saw Larry Grayson on The Good Old Days many years ago.
He sat down by the footlights on the stage and said to the audience in his funny camp style, " I had it all down that side last week. I've got it all down this side this week. I can't wait for next week."
I hope things improve.
Cheers.
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:26 PM
Friend

Nat shut that door ??...... it arrived today they are yankee tanks there are five tanks with four lids , and twelve kodak hangers ,everything that comes in the house is wiped down ,by the wife its all in nice condition ,god knows how old it is ?????????
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies