Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > External Group Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th July 2012, 12:55 PM
Friend

I have tried in the past Gavin, but will try again immediately after sending this message, by firstly starting a new thread on this forum.

Any other suggestions where to advertise for new members anyone?

Where would / do you look for something like this apart from on here of course?

Terry S
Old 4th July 2012, 06:57 PM
Friend

If you go to the PAGB website & click on Federations you will find the one that covers your area. I would then suggest contacting all your local clubs because among their members there will be interested people not really happy with existing club life & looking for something more. Using emails should make it a fairly easy task. That is what YMG did by letter, no emails then, & got a good response to start with. We then arranged our first meeting & said admission was by print only. A bit tongue in cheek but it worked. If you have any local photography shops, not electrical outlets, its worth putting up some info & contact details. Whatever you decide the best of luck.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:43 PM
Friend

Thanks for that suggestion, which didn't occur to me and to which I'll follow through with!

Having belonged to Barking PS and now Southend on Sea PS, there wasn't much interest in those for darkroom talk; but hopefully, even if only a few from the many clubs roundabout show interest, we shall have a group and therefore some meetings.

Terry S
Old 2nd September 2012, 04:00 AM
Friend

Default Meetings:

It has been a couple of months since I started this thread and initially on Cambridge Darkroom. Since then there has been two more meetings, July was about photography in a war zone and last week's meeting was on flash and studio lighting. We were encouraged to join in by taking our cameras and I took an OM1n and my digital Evolt 420. Despite being able to connect to the hot shoe I don't think the contacts worked, so reverted to my T32 and a good result. The point being is that I was the only one there with a film camera and the future looks all digital.

I have not given up on the idea of arranging an informal meet-up here in Cambridge. Just due to me being very busy prior to my holiday. Initially, it did prove difficult due to suitable meeting venue in close proximity to the station. I shall get back on to this in the next couple of weeks.
Old 4th May 2015, 09:15 PM
Friend

Default A new kind of Photo club

I realise this is an old thread, and as a fairly new new member I have just come across it.
Has anything come of this idea ?, as I live in North Essex, and although I belong to a local Camera club which I enjoy, its very much a " digital" club, and when I recently told a few members that I still shoot film as well as digital, I was greeted with a, "REALLY ??", although admittedly the negatives ( which I develop myself ) are scanned onto my computer as I no longer have a darkroom, my point is, getting together once in a while over a beer to talk about film and film cameras has its appeal.
Does anyone know if any gatherings like this exist in the North Essex , South Suffolk area ?

Thanks

Tim stellarider@aol.com

Last edited by Coastman; 4th May 2015 at 09:17 PM. Reason: additions
Old 5th May 2015, 09:55 AM
Friend

I would suggest if you know members of other clubs in the region who still work with film you make contact with them. It might be possible to arranged a meetup and get to know each other.

Vincent - Not afraid of the dark
Old 6th May 2015, 06:11 PM
Friend

If you want to try and arrange a meeting I'll try to come along... there may be others too.
Where in N Essex are you?
Old 6th May 2015, 09:42 PM
Friend

Hi, I live in Kirby Cross, Frinton on Sea, I'll sound out some club members at my club but everyone there is very much geared to Digital.
If you know of anyone else who would be interested, a meeting over a beer one evening at a midway point might be a good start , let me know and perhaps we can sort something out.
Cheers Tim
Old 7th May 2015, 12:56 PM
Friend

I could be interested if the meets aren't too far away, as I can't drive very far at a time due to an accident to my foot = I live in Southend on Sea btw.

Terry S
Old 7th May 2015, 10:19 PM
Friend

I think the idea of once a month pint and chat about cameras and film etc is sound, but the distances between forum members could be a bit of a problem, I live in North Essex, and we seem to be very spread out, if any other members in the Essex ,South Suffolk area are interested,or have any suggestions it would be interesting to hear from you, I am quite happy to drive a fair distance, and I appreciate the replies so far, but a midway meeting pub would need to be arranged, to suit those interested, any suggestions welcome.

Cheers Tim
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies