Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Top Tips

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th February 2020, 07:42 AM
Friend

I’d definitely echo Johns point above. I’ve never had a darkroom with running water and whilst it would be a boon it’s not essential. My current “darkroom” is the corner of a small cellar and I take down a bucket of fresh water to hold finished prints during a session, taking it up with me to the kitchen periodically and finishing the print washing there before mounting the main stairs to hang them in my bathroom. I put off darkroom printing in my early years because I thought I needed a fully equipped dedicated room - in truth so long as you can make it light tight and have an electric point then you can make any room a darkroom.

Good luck and most importantly enjoy yourself!

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies