Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th October 2016, 08:32 PM
Friend

Not sure if this is any use but if you do a search on Amazon for Gossen Battery Adapter Set Lunasix 3 / Lunasix 3S. You should find an adapter along with a couple of batteries.
Old 12th October 2016, 09:40 PM
Friend

I've not used this UK company yet as I'm happy with my cheapo solution - which works for me. But they seem to have everything covered and well worth checking out for batteries / solutions for items where the batteries no longer exist:

http://www.smallbattery.company.org...._catalogue.htm

I've had them on my bookmarks for ages.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 13th October 2016, 08:18 AM
Friend

[QUOTE=

.................. Assuming I get some shift in EV with the higher voltage, is it linear over differing light levels?

Svend[/QUOTE]

A simple practical test can establish this. Take a known accurated meter or a camera outside and take a few light readings. Then read the same subject/s with the camera / meter with the 1.47 v or 1.5 volt battery fitted.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 13th October 2016, 04:20 PM
Friend

Thanks all, for the feedback. I think for the moment I will try the El Cheapo solution and see how I like the Gossen meters and how they respond to the higher voltage. These were toss-ins with a couple of TLRs I recently acquired. My mainstay meters are a couple of Sekonics -- a spot meter (with three different adjustable spot sizes -- cool!) and an incident light meter -- which serve all my needs. The spot meter runs on a single AA battery (gotta like that ) and the incident one has no batteries at all (even better).

So the Gossens are a bit surplus, although the little Sixon2 is so compact that I might keep it for when small size is needed -- it would complement one of my folding MF cameras nicely for skiing, cycling, etc.. The bigger Lunasix is certainly nice, and includes the spot attachment, so who knows? maybe I will like it enough to hang on to it. I will compare it to my Sekonics for low light sensitivity, as I intend to try some urban night photography soon, so that may be a good reason to keep it.

Cheers,
Svend
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies