Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd January 2020, 07:11 PM
Friend

Best wishes to you all from southwest County Antrim. I hope you have a really good time.
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Best wishes to you all from southwest County Antrim. I hope you have a really good time.

Michael,

Many thanks for your good wishes. We will have a good time come what may. But hopefully that will also involve burning plenty of film !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 27th January 2020, 06:37 PM
Friend

Default A great weekend!

I would like to thank everyone who came to our Dartmoor gathering for their company. We visited some great locations and the weather was quite good for January! I am sure we shall all have something to be pleased with, image wise, and I look forward to seeing some examples in due course

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 27th January 2020, 07:43 PM
Friend

It was another excellent weekend with FADU members great company and new locations on Dartmoor. Warm thanks to Barry and Neil for making it all possible.

Tony
Old 28th January 2020, 08:16 AM
Friend

Many thanks Tony!

Good to see you there as well and I'm sure you will have some keepers from the locations we visited.

Here's to Dartmoor 2021 !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 28th January 2020, 05:15 PM
Friend

Hi guys

Great to see everybody at the weekend.

Big thanks to Neil for organising it all.

There must have been some missed communication Monday morning - I went up to Haytor about 10:15 and was the only one in the car park.

Regardless I waited for the rain (and then hail) to stop and went off to photograph Haytor all on my own.

Hopefully the photographs I got were worth the almost constant rain/hail/sleet and gale force winds.

Couldn't understand what put the rest of you off.

Martin

ps - I'm still trying to dry out my camera and camera bag
Old 28th January 2020, 05:16 PM
Friend

Default Dartmoor ramblings

We have now held quite a few of these Dartmoor in January gatherings and during this year's I started thinking maybe it's time to try something else. But I was so impressed seeing some FADUs ascend Haytor TWICE I have already started thinking about new Dartmoor locations for 2021.

I would like to thank Bob for coming up with the idea of a FADU Dartmoor in January 2020 badge, which he duly distributed on Friday night over dinner, which took us all by surprise. So if you want a FADU badge you will have to chat up Bob, if he has any left, or come along to Dartmoor 2021.

As always the evenings at these gatherings can be just as interesting as the field trips. This is the time when you really get know other FADUs and many topics get discussed! I found it fascinating that one member had a collection of 500 + old affordable cameras and his lovely lady didn't mind! I did my best to try to think of a camera he hadn't yet collected and failed miserably.

I would also like to thank Paul (Dizz) who must now hold the record for the FADU who has travelled the furthest to attend one of our gatherings. On his way from Ireland he called in to see his new grandchild who had only recently arrived– right on cue! Congratulations Paul and we hope you are able to join us again sometime.

We enjoyed some very good weather this year which allowed us to stay out shooting until around 4pm when the light began to go. So hopefully we should all have some good negatives to work with on future printing sessions. I managed to develop my films this afternoon and from what I can see from them hanging up wet - they look encouraging. We shall see !

Many thanks again to all those who joined in to make this year's Dartmoor in January a big success and much fun, there will be something again in next January ….... and I expect it will be the usual Dartmoor again

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 28th January 2020, 05:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
There must have been some missed communication Monday morning - I went up to Haytor about 10:15 and was the only one in the car park.
Which I'd just left and returned to

The weekend was a "Proper Job", thanks to Neil and helped by neither of us driving on the Sunday . . . . and The Plume of Feathers.

Good to see every one and their prints, time to plan another get together somewhere else later this year.

Ian
Old 28th January 2020, 05:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
Which I'd just left and returned to

The weekend was a "Proper Job", thanks to Neil and helped by neither of us driving on the Sunday . . . . and The Plume of Feathers.

Good to see every one and their prints, time to plan another get together somewhere else later this year.

Ian
Ahhh, the Proper Job - indeed, they certainly know how to keep it in The Plume of Feathers

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 28th January 2020, 06:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
Hi guys

Great to see everybody at the weekend.

Big thanks to Neil for organising it all.

Regardless I waited for the rain (and then hail) to stop and went off to photograph Haytor all on my own.

Hopefully the photographs I got were worth the almost constant rain/hail/sleet and gale force winds.

Couldn't understand what put the rest of you off.

Martin

ps - I'm still trying to dry out my camera and camera bag

Full marks for sticking it out Martin - I'm sure you had some great light after the rain/hail/sleet finally cleared away.

Neil,

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies