Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th January 2013, 09:19 PM
Friend

Default Bromoil exhibition

The Bromoil Circle of Great Britain are holding an exhibition of current members work and images drawn from the circles archive at the Fotospace Gallery,Rothes Halls,Genrothes.Fife from 20th Feb to 16th May. On the 28th April we are holding a Bromoil workshop under the instruction of Kenneth Hill FRPS (£25.00),places available.

Also we have just produced a new booklet 'An Introduction to Bromoil' Chapters on new working methods,new materials etc (£6.50 inc P&P)
Old 20th January 2013, 12:02 AM
Friend

At £25 the workshop sounds like good value, Brian. Pity Glenrothes is so far to the North of me. You might get a certain Mr G Brown on the workshop. He could almost walk there

Mike
Old 20th January 2013, 10:22 AM
Friend

Really quite interested in the exhibition and workshop. Can you let us know more details of how to get a place on the workshop?

Pete
Old 21st January 2013, 12:34 PM
Friend

It would be great if this exhibition could go on tour, as only having read about Bromoils, I have yet to see one in the flesh.

Being at the other end of the country, the Beecroft Gallery in Southend is a great little local gallery near me, if I could make the first suggestion of where it could go on tour, just in case any one connected with it is reading this forum.

Terry S
Old 12th May 2013, 02:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
It would be great if this exhibition could go on tour, as only having read about Bromoils, I have yet to see one in the flesh.

Being at the other end of the country, the Beecroft Gallery in Southend is a great little local gallery near me, if I could make the first suggestion of where it could go on tour, just in case any one connected with it is reading this forum.

Terry S
Hi Brian,

Can I republish my earlier comment and suggest one of my local galleries, which are very up for showing photographic work, especially something a little different. I have a project about 'Essex Tea Dances' (regrettably digital, even though I put forward a film based project, which will now be shown in my local library) being considered for next years diary of events and I'm sure the Bromoil project would be of interest = to me at least, as I would love to see it!

If this sounds of interest to you Brian, let me know and I will sort out the persons email to make contact with, who deals with this side of things and PM it to you.

Terry S.
Old 13th May 2013, 08:21 PM
Friend

Hi Terry,

Please let me have a contact email address and I will look into it,although I was hoping for somewhere more central.

BRIAN
Old 28th April 2013, 07:53 PM
Friend

Just back from this workshop , very interesting and informative. I think I may now have RSI :-)
Old 29th April 2013, 08:37 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemcarthur View Post
Just back from this workshop , very interesting and informative.
Be great to see some of your results in the gallery Pete...

Terry S
Old 29th April 2013, 01:28 PM
Friend

I'd be happy to scan the print I did but we were provided with the print (matrix) so it's not really my work, all it did was jab it with a brush with some ink. My wrist is still sore! I do intend to try it on one of my prints when I can find a suitable paper, the
Bromoil people are all still using Kentmere document from many years ago.
Old 29th April 2013, 03:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemcarthur View Post
I'd be happy to scan the print I did but we were provided with the print (matrix) so it's not really my work, all it did was jab it with a brush with some ink. Bromoil people are all still using Kentmere document from many years ago.
Fair enough Pete and I'm sure in this process a scan would no where near give you a proper copy of what one can see in the hand?

Did they not recommend any more modern / easily got paper to use rather than the Kentmere Document?

I've read a lot about the process and always wanted to give it a try but you do make it seem like really hard work!

Terry S

Tags
exhibition
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies