Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th September 2011, 10:28 AM
Friend

Default Hasselblad manual

A guy on APUG posted this link which he found at a Finnish photo-forum and I thought worth sharing with FADU.

http://www.hasselblad.com/media/2207...glepage_lr.pdf
Old 24th September 2011, 12:28 PM
Friend

Thanks Clive

Very interesting - some good advice in there : "for Earth shots don't bother focusing, just set lens to infinity" - I'll remember that next time I'm up there

Great link - well spotted and thanks for posting.

EddieB

http://threeleicas.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 25th September 2011, 05:56 PM
Friend

I'm no expert on space travel, but I'd have thought the hyperfocal distance would be appropriate for those "infinity and beyond" moments
Old 25th September 2011, 06:57 PM
Friend

I don’t know if NASA had a special film produced for space shots, but without the diffusion of light in our atmosphere, I would have thought the intensity of light in space would justify this. However, the shots they got, if on normal film do seem to be pretty good.
Old 25th September 2011, 08:34 PM
Friend

If FADU moderators will allow me to deviate from film photography related to the astronauts. I have often been fascinated by the experience of Collins from the original moon landing, as it was his job to stay in the obiter. How strange it must have been to go behind the dark side of the moon and be alone and totally separated from earth and humanity not only by distance, but the mass of the moon. Would not such an epic journey be a good basis for a film?
Old 26th September 2011, 07:23 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
I don’t know if NASA had a special film produced for space shots, but without the diffusion of light in our atmosphere, I would have thought the intensity of light in space would justify this. However, the shots they got, if on normal film do seem to be pretty good.
From: http://history.nasa.gov/printFriendly/apollo_photo.html

"Each film magazine would typically yield 160 color and 200 black and white pictures on special film. Kodak was asked by NASA to develop thin new films with special emulsions. On Apollo 8, three magazines were loaded with 70 mm wide, perforated Kodak Panatomic-X fine-grained, 80 ASA, b/w film, two with Kodak Ektachrome SO-68, one with Kodak Ektachrome SO-121, and one with super light-sensitive Kodak 2485, 16,000 ASA film. There were 1100 color, black and white, and filtered photographs returned from the Apollo 8 mission"
Old 26th September 2011, 09:25 PM
Friend

Thanks Dave, very informative.
Old 24th November 2012, 10:30 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
NASA funded the development of 64 asa Ektachrome-X. This required the E4 process (previous Ektachromes were processed in E2 or, for professional films, E3).
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies