Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th September 2020, 04:24 PM
Friend

Default Linda McCartney Exhibition Sky Arts 7:30 pm tonight

Sorry for late notice but just spotted this. Seems to be a kind of tour of her photography at one of the galleries in Liverpool

Might be worth watching

Mike
Old 28th September 2020, 04:50 PM
Friend

Thanks for the heads up mike, i will watch that later
Like you said she has a exhibition here in Liverpool at the moment, have to visit when time allows
Paddy
Old 28th September 2020, 11:34 PM
Friend

Well it is worth watching and would have been better still had it been an hour, I feel.

Of course in strictly techie terms it was never going to be aimed at the likes of us so a few questions I had were left unanswered but if you haven't recorded it, then if there is the equivalent on Sky to the BBC iPlayer then I think that using it might be worthwhile

Mike
Old 29th September 2020, 12:23 PM
Friend

I missed the Linda Mc Cartney programme as I'm having trouble recording programmes on Sky Arts channel at the moment, using the BT box, but hopefully I have someone who will record it for me when / if it is on again, using their Freeview box, which has no problems.

I have just checked the Sky Art website and to watch the above and other programmes that have been on the channel, it appears you have to sign up and then install an app and then...

VERY small type at the bottom of the text 'Sky Go is included at no extra cost to your Sky TV subscription.' From this I am presuming one has to pay to see it over the internet.

I'll check if it's on again and get it recorded if so.

Also, there is a double treat (?) tonight, with the second episode of 'Master of photography' and a 'Rankin' programme on as well.

Happy watching!

Terry S
Old 29th September 2020, 01:04 PM
Friend

Terry you've stolen my thunder about the Rankin programme so it saves me mentioning it.

It might be OK. It's Rankin plus a panel who have decided from pictures submitted by the general public on the times we are currently living through those pics that best represent it. He too has taken pics and it would seem explains why he shot those he will show us.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies