Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU 2009 Print Exhibition

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2009, 04:16 PM
Friend

Default Rules and Conditions of Entry

FADU 2009
Rules and Conditions of Entry

You are invited to submit up to six photographs for consideration for inclusion in the FADU 2009 public exhibition to be held in Wellingborough during October 2009.

Prints may be any size from 15cm x10cm to 28cm x 37cm and may be portrait or landscape format. The largest square print format permissible is 28cm x 28 cm. All prints will be displayed in 40cm x 50cm glazed frames and matted using white card. Since a 1 cm gap will be left between the image edge and the matt aperture please ensure a clear 2cm border is left around each print to allow the matt to overlap the print so that it is held flat.

Subject matter is open, however remember that these pictures will be on public display.

Production methods must conform to the ideology of this forum.

Prints should be submitted flat and unmounted, ready for scanning, matting, mounting and framing.

Each entrant should complete an entry form. Each print must carry on the back the entrant’s name and address, and the title of the print as on the entry form.

The entry fee is as stated on the entry form. Entries received without fees will not be considered, or returned. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery, if you feel that your entry has a monitory value then please insure it. Whilst every care will be taken of work submitted we cannot accept responsibility for any damage or loss however caused. By entry you are deemed to accept all these conditions. Entries will only be accepted during the period stated in the exhibition timetable:

Entries will be accepted from: 1st August 2009
Closing date for receipt entries: 31st August 2009
Notification of selected photographs via this forum: 26th September 2009
Exhibition Opens: 4pm Thursday 1st October 2009
Exhibition Closes: Noon on Saturday 31st October 2009
Return of prints by the end of November 2009

Prints will be returned to you in your the original packing, please make sure that it is suitable, and can be easily opened and closed. Please complete the return address label on the entry form.

Whilst copyright of your photographs remains with you, the organisers reserve the right to reproduce, without payment, any print in connection with this, or future exhibitions and publications, the photographer will receive credit for any such use. It is our intention to reproduce exhibited pictures in a book, to this end you are required to submit an artists statement of between 100 and 150 words with your entry, this may also be used in the information made available to the public at the exhibition.

By fact of submission you confirm that you own the copyright, and that the work was not commissioned, or paid for by a third party. Portraits of recognisable people must be accompanied by a model release form signed by the subject, entrant and if necessary a parent or guardian of the subject.

Exhibited work will be made available for sale unless you specifically state otherwise on your entry form. Equally if you want to fix a price for your work you must state this on your submission, we will add a sum to cover the galleries commission and the cost of matting and mounting and framing to this sum when advertising your work.

If you have any questions, then please raise them here.
Old 4th May 2009, 09:15 AM
Friend

Please note that I have had to increase the entry fee for Friends overseas to take account of the higher return postage costs. The actual fees will be shown on the entry form.
Old 4th May 2009, 09:54 AM
Friend

Dave,
Thanks for the post, it all looks good to me.
I use FB paper as default, will they be dry mounted? if not I will print some
RC versions no problem.
You may think my inquiries are a little early but I am very busy in the next few
months and will print them this week. I do not want to miss out in supporting FADU
and all your efforts.
JON.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"

Last edited by Jon Butler; 4th May 2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:13 AM
Friend

Sorry, where is the entry form?
Is it still to come or did I miss it?

MonoArt - fine photographs
Old 4th May 2009, 10:31 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Sorry, where is the entry form?
Is it still to come or did I miss it?
No you haven't missed it. I'm preparing a PDF form at the moment.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:33 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Butler View Post
Dave,
Thanks for the post, it all looks good to me.
I use FB paper as default, will they be dry mounted? if not I will print some
RC versions no problem.
You may think my inquiries are a little early but I am very busy in the next few
months and will print them this week. I do not want to miss out in supporting FADU
and all your efforts.
JON.
The prints will be fixed by corner mounts only with the edge of the paper held down by the overlapping matt. FB or R/C paper will be fine.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:49 AM
Friend

Thanks Dave.

JON.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"
Old 17th May 2009, 01:33 PM
Friend

Unhappy entry form

Hi Dave appear to be unable to download entry form, comes up problem with adobe reader. Accessed it on a friends laptop, so prob my end. Could you possible e-mail me a copy?
Cheers Brian
Old 17th May 2009, 04:12 PM
Friend

Dave would it be ok to propose to anyone in Ireland entering to pack our prints together which will cut your admin especially for the return leg?
Old 17th May 2009, 04:24 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
Dave would it be ok to propose to anyone in Ireland entering to pack our prints together which will cut your admin especially for the return leg?
It certainly is OK, good thinking.
Closed Thread
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies