Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th December 2019, 09:43 AM
Friend

Manfrotto 055 C/F update.

Having lived with my new Manfrotto 055 C/F for a few days I must say it is a very nice tripod. It is much stronger than my 15+ year old Manfrotto 440 C/F and the re-designed clips / fittings etc are very easy to use with gloves on, which will be essential for Dartmoor in January!

I shall be out with the 055 next week for a few days of photography, in a very windy part of Cornwall, and I am looking forward to giving it a good workout on the moors and beaches. If I come across any quirks / niggles / weakenesses I'll report them back here but from I've seen so far - I am not expecting any.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 15th December 2019, 08:26 AM
Friend

Manfrotto 055 C/F update.

I am pleased to report that the Manfrotto 055 performed perfectly during my rececent trip to the Lizard - in very adverse comditions!

Being over 6 feet in height I found the extra height of the 055 very useful, it was very stable even at full height.

It's definitely a keeper !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 16th December 2019, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Good to hear Neil. I have not had a chance to use mine properly yet but it is slightly taller than my older aluminium version and with just one leg section extended (I have the 3-section version) the height is perfect for my SQA with its WLF.
Old 16th December 2019, 08:18 AM
Friend

Bob, my old 440 C/F was a three leg section so I went the same again with the new 055. As you say - just drop t he first leg section and you can start working. I have had a dry run with my C220 fitted (with WLF) and it's just right.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 27th December 2019, 03:01 PM
Administrator

I had a nice Christmas prezzie from Manfrotto - my £50 cashback hit my account on the 24th .

Looking forward to using the tripod in earnest soon!
Old 27th December 2019, 05:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I had a nice Christmas prezzie from Manfrotto - my £50 cashback hit my account on the 24th .

Looking forward to using the tripod in earnest soon!

Bob, same here re the £50 cashback, a very nice prezzie indeed !

I also look forward to seeing you using your Manfrotto 055, in earnest, on Dartmoor, in January 2020

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies