Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th March 2020, 06:42 PM
Friend

Default Ilford Announcement of "Suspended Animation" on Facebook

Not really the right place as it isn't an offer but apparently on Facebook it has just announced what the reporter on Photrio has termed suspended animation i.e. a shutdown of production until what appears to be further notice to protect its staff.

It will have people try to meet all orders for as long as it can

However this is stop-press stuff and it might be worth someone getting to Facebook to read it or I presume it is now on its website

Had to happen I suppose

Mike

PS all I can find on its own website as of 2 mins ago is this :Covid-19 Update
Whilst we will always aim to deliver your order on the next working day, please be aware that there could be some short delays at this time. I am not on Facebook I do hope I haven't set any hares running The announcement came for someone on Photrio from Glasgow who doesn't seem to be given to such things unless he has evidence

Last edited by Mike O'Pray; 30th March 2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 31st March 2020, 11:39 AM
Friend

I am a very occasional / light user of Facebook so am able to look at Ilford's page, which states the following.

Terry S:

'ILFORD PHOTO (Official Page)
20 hrs ·

Coronavirus Pandemic: HARMAN technology Update

As the Coronavirus continues to wreak havoc around the world, HARMAN is frequently reviewing its approach to the pandemic, incorporating the latest guidance issued by the UK Government into our actions.

As we stated last week, our principle concern remains the health and safety of our employees, although we are also looking at how we can protect the business through this difficult time.

As the situation escalates, we have had to take the difficult decision to temporarily cease production at our Mobberley site from Wednesday 1st April 2020 until further notice.
While the UK government advice indicates that manufacturing businesses can still operate, with the country in lockdown we feel now is the time to act in order to protect our employees and our National Health Service (NHS) by minimising the spread of the virus.

What does this mean for you, our customers?

Naturally, buying behaviours have changed significantly as people prioritise the essentials, shops have been forced to shut and people are being asked to stay indoors. However, we do hope where possible you will keep buying our film, paper and chemicals to get you through this period of lockdown / self-isolation.

With that in mind:

• Our warehouse will remain open (for as long as possible) in order to despatch products to distributors, online retailers and direct to customers via ilfordphoto.com (UK & USA only). Please be assured that social distancing measures are being adhered to and personal protective equipment is in use.

• Over recent weeks, in anticipation of this, we increased manufacture of our most popular products, so our warehouse is well stocked in order to meet demand.

• Where possible we have moved other essential staff to working from home, so we are still able to service the market to the best of our ability.

Please be aware that many of our stockists are still operating (albeit online only) although we anticipate that the shipping of product could become more difficult over the coming weeks. Therefore, if you are running short of our products and looking to replenish them, we recommend you purchase them soon.

What does this mean for the future?

For over 140 years the ILFORD name has been synonymous with film photography and we intend to continue this well into the future. In stopping production, we are simply taking the necessary short-term measures to safeguard the long-term future of our business and our most valuable assets, our employees.

Most of our employees have been ‘furloughed’ under a UK government job retention scheme and are all eager to pick up where they off as quickly and efficiently as possible. At that point the world may still be facing economic challenges and further uncertainly but with your continued support and passion we are determined to come back stronger than ever.

Until then please stay safe, stay at home, shoot some film, make some prints and remember to wash your hands. As always stay in touch with us on our @ilfordphoto social channels and website: www.ilfordphoto.com'

END
Old 31st March 2020, 12:21 PM
Friend

It was inevitable that they would have to put a halt on production for one reason or another - whether it was for the welfare of the staff at Ilford or disruption to their supply chain.

The good news is - they have at least planned the shut-down and have built up a buffer stock to tide them over - as best they can.

We now all need to do the same, sit down and do some planning and get our orders in to tide us over - note that the governments scientific adviser is saying it is likely to be about 6 months before things will be able to start moving again.

None of us are going to be in a position to do much shooting - unless you are in to still life - so it is unlikely that film will be our limiting factor.

However, darkroom paper and its chemicals are probably more critical.

Time, me thinks, to do an inventory of what I have and what I am likely to need for the forthcoming 6 months.

Martin
Old 1st April 2020, 03:26 PM
Friend

I've just ordered a load of paper and chemicals from AG to try and see me through for perhaps 6 months.

I did a stock take and realise that I have loads of film - even through I suspect my opportunities for shooting will be somewhat curtailed.

I also realise that this might also be a great opportunity to use up all those odds and sods of half used boxes of paper that I have filling the corners of my darkroom, as I work my way through my back catalogue of unprinted negatives.

Who knows, I may yet be able to find a silver lining in all of this madness.

Martin
Old 1st April 2020, 03:45 PM
Friend

I’m doing the same Martin. I ordered print developer and fixer, together with a bulk roll of HP5, but I’m planning on working through all the odd boxes of film and paper I have at home.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 1st April 2020, 07:59 PM
Friend

I don't know if it appears on the Ilford website, according to an email I received from them you can get 5% off from Ilford until midnight on 2nd April if you use the code stockpile
Worth a try.
Old 1st April 2020, 08:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post

I also realise that this might also be a great opportunity to use up all those odds and sods of half used boxes of paper that I have filling the corners of my darkroom, as I work my way through my back catalogue of unprinted negatives.

Who knows, I may yet be able to find a silver lining in all of this madness.

Martin
This is what I'm starting to do with odds n' ends of paper, the vast majority of which is still in excellent condition. It is amazing what one accumulates without thinking about it. I am a bit low on a few chemicals however so should do a stock take.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies