Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th February 2013, 06:44 PM
Friend

Hi Frank, welcome to the forum. Ask away, some real knowledgeable people on this forum ( not me, I'm a learner ) who are always willing to help.

Ian
Old 28th February 2013, 11:04 PM
Friend

Hello Frank and another warm welcome to FADU from a non-Brit.
Your introduction is full of valuable info about you and your approach to photography and your aspirations seem very similar to those of many of us here. Good luck with you plans for a darkroom in the sunny west - I find the most problematic is the enlarger if you need to cater for 35, 120 and LF. Personally, I have one enlarger covering 35mm up to 6x7cm and don't have room to fit in a second one for LF. It's a pity and maybe a relief!
There is so much challenge in photography that I find it necessary to limit oneself to a few cameras, a few film types and a few film developers. With that one has a vast choice of shooting opportunities.
If you feel like it you can post your work in the Dicussion Gallery or the Help Gallery, just to get a feel of how FADU works - and we'll get to know you a bit more.
incidentally, I smiled when you explained you had been visiting the UK and found it pleasant to travel in a small country! Well, I'm living in Luxembourg whose surface is probably not even that of Greater London! You start your car and in about 30mins you are in a foreign country, irrespective of which direction you go!
Good luck and may the light be with you!
Peter
Old 1st March 2013, 05:45 AM
Friend

Welcome to the forum Frank, to live in all that overwhelming landscape must be wonderful!
Regards
Richard
Old 1st March 2013, 08:08 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankToronto View Post
[...]
Domingo make sure the weather in Spain improves by the end of March, we plan to visit Barcelona at that time. It is a city I have always wanted to visit. The opportunity to travel is one of the joys of being retired...
I was born in Barcelona 45 years ago, but I actually live 600 km south. If you think I could help you, do not hesitate to ask whatever you need to know.
Old 1st March 2013, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Welcome to fadu Frank.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:32 PM
Friend

Welcome Frank

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies