Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Locations > Overseas

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st January 2010, 02:51 PM
Friend

Thats a great link thanks Roger.

I am fortunate enough to have friends who live in Mosta, about two streets away from the Dome. I have been many times but the only camera I have had with me was my trusty old Olympus trip. I should go back on a photographic trip but unfortunately I know the local bars and cafes will once again draw me in!!! A couple of pics here.

http://www.silverandlight.co.uk/bitsandbobs.html

Cheers

Stoo
Old 21st January 2010, 06:39 PM
Friend

Lovely images Stoo and remarkably sharp considering you frequented the many cafes and bars

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 21st January 2010, 07:52 PM
Friend

I did take B&W when there but it was in my honeymoon period with colour neg when I was trying home dev and RA4 so the B&W was a kind of afterthought. Mdina and other parts of Malta cry out for B&W as demonstrated in Roger's book Successful B&W Photography. I failed to use any B&W in Mdina and have regretted it ever since.

Quite apart from their worthwhile content on photography per se, the above mentioned book and his joint effort with Frances in "Quality in Photography" will give readers a good idea of what is available shot-wise in Malta.

Mike
Old 9th July 2014, 03:46 PM
Friend

Default Maltese buses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
The local buses are amazing, all individually hand-built on old lorry chassis.
I recognised many of the buses as originating from East Anglia, where I was born. They were built in the 1940s and 50s on Leyland Tiger and Bedford chassis by Eastern Coachworks of Lowestoft. It was sometimes just possible to read the 'Eastern Counties' signwriting under the Maltese livery. Some were locally refitted with relatively modern Gardner and Perkins turbo diesels. A few now turn up in collections in the UK, valued for the absence of corrosion and the excellent past maintenance regime. The old buses were decommissioned in 2011, replaced by modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Old 9th July 2014, 04:13 PM
Friend

Being half Maltese (and no I didn't run of with anybody's wife) when they had the old buses they used to turn the engine of and cost down the hills to save petrol ,I haven't been for years but it has a lot of history and old cars and is worth taking a camera loaded with B/W film ,Malta is like the UK its full of history at every turn...

www.essexcockney.com
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies