Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th April 2013, 07:40 AM
Friend

Default moderators

Why do the moderators not put my thread replies up onto my threads.
I am trying to arrange a meeting in the peak district and I cannot reply to any messages left by other members.
Also, I cannot find any way of contacting a moderator direct, nor who they are. Perhaps one would like to contact me.
Old 27th April 2013, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Fisher View Post
Why do the moderators not put my thread replies up onto my threads.
I am trying to arrange a meeting in the peak district and I cannot reply to any messages left by other members.
Also, I cannot find any way of contacting a moderator direct, nor who they are. Perhaps one would like to contact me.
Not entirely sure what you mean:

"Why do the moderators not put my thread replies up onto my threads."

No posts by registered members are moderated. I can see several replies to your thread from a few members.

"I cannot reply to any messages left by other members."

The most recent post from you there is dated yesterday.

Can you expand on what the problem appears to be?

Cheers, Bob.
Old 27th April 2013, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Also, note that new members have some restrictions on what they can do to prevent spammers and data harvesting spiders etc from registering and being able to view profiles, obtain email addresses or sending masses of PMs to existing members.

After several posts your user group will change to "FADU Users" and you have more functionality on the forums. This may explain what problems you have been having.

Last edited by Bob; 27th April 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 29th April 2013, 07:00 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Bob, can you please check Barry's post counter? On his posts it says 4 but under his friends listing, all posts, I count 9. Could that be the problem?

Bill
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:38 PM
Administrator

I've found that Barry's posts are indeed being Moderated! I currently have no idea why - they are not supposed to be.

Continuing investigation...

I have Approved all Barry's posts and set the threads also to Approved so it should not happen on those threads (at least) again.

[Addendum:

I've been investigating and can find no cause . All Barry's configuration settings are the same as everyone else's and all the Forums are set to not require moderation so I'm currently guessing a glitch somewhere and I've run all the tools that look like they might help. At the moment we will have to wait and see what happens the next time Barry posts...

]

Last edited by Bob; 2nd May 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:21 AM
Friend

Is Barry a well known chap? He seems to have dived straight in wanting to organise a meet with some urgency. Somehow not normal...
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:47 AM
Friend

I've met Barry in the Peak a while back, if you go on the now largely defunct UK LF forum he has posted on there before. I don't think he's "urgent", probably just frustrated with the problems posting, god knows I would be.
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:20 AM
Friend

Fair enough... reasonable to be frustrated in the circumstances. Hopefully all fixed now.
Introductions, however brief, can be useful though.
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:55 AM
Friend

This is not trying to be "funny" but I wonder if there are hidden demons that for some unfathomable reason only affect certain friends and in certain areas of the site.

I am thinking here of my issue with downloading manuals above 1MB. Xpres and I spent hours on this one Saturday night to no avail and I was resigned to it always being an issue. Then for some reason this issue disappeared several weeks ago in my case without as far as I can ascertain anything action on my part nor on the part of any moderator.

Mike
Old 3rd May 2013, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
This is not trying to be "funny" but I wonder if there are hidden demons that for some unfathomable reason only affect certain friends and in certain areas of the site.

I am thinking here of my issue with downloading manuals above 1MB. Xpres and I spent hours on this one Saturday night to no avail and I was resigned to it always being an issue. Then for some reason this issue disappeared several weeks ago in my case without as far as I can ascertain anything action on my part nor on the part of any moderator.

Mike
It's more likely to just be a glitch in the forum database - some setting not set correctly, if for example the database access timed out in the middle of updating a table.

It's not clear if your problem was with the forum or on your local machine as we never got a root-cause for your issue, but in Barry's case it is definitely the forum software that is causing the issue.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies