Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th June 2017, 03:05 PM
Friend

Smile New Older Boy

I am a film developer rather than a darkroom printer. I certainly enjoy film processing, a reel dries as I write but do not miss the enlarger. My trust flatbed scanner, Elements version 7 and the inevitable inkjet printer beat the old style darkroom any day. Similarly Blurb photo books are my way of producing personal albums.

However I am a 'lomogapher' well have been longer than lomo as my first 35mm was a cosmic 35 from the 1960s. I do not have it still, but getting a replacement was no problem. I also still have, and use my Rolliecord 2 purchsed in 1965. Made around 1938 I recently realised that I had now owned, and used this camera for more than half the time it has been in existence.

I have a few other newer lomo cameras: Holga TLR35, Sardina, Konstrucktor,lomo kine, Belair and the newest, and whose first film is drying a Spinner (the offer of the power drive 'free' was too good to miss.

I also have a number of other 35mm and 120 cameras.

While I have processed colour film I find the local lab at £1.99 a pot to be easier, even for 120s. However, I have not given up the idea of having a go at C41 again some time.
Old 19th June 2017, 07:51 PM
Friend

While I'm pleased you use film, I'm afraid scanning and inkjet printing is not what this forum is about; we are very much old style darkroom.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:15 PM
Friend

C'mon over to filmwasters.com, you'll fit in over there just fine.
Old 24th June 2017, 06:12 PM
Friend

Welcome Wahiba Marty is right.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 25th June 2017, 04:32 PM
Friend

Welcome!
Old 25th June 2017, 08:50 PM
Friend

Welcome, what has been said about scanning or what people refer to as hybrid processes is of course correct but I am sure we can converse about films and film processing in its widest sense

Mike

Tags
film, lomo, rollie
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies