Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Art and aesthetics

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st June 2015, 12:17 PM
Friend

I like to develope my films the same day or the day after I have shot it ,and then print them as soon as possible ,if there are not many that I want to print from a roll of film I will leave it till I take another roll .I don't think I could stand the pressure of knowing there are undeveloped film in my freezer .To me its the excitement of the proses that I like, to start with a film and end with a print with not to much time in-between ..

www.essexcockney.com
Old 2nd June 2015, 04:50 AM
Friend

Always develop same day if I can. If I've been on holiday, it'll be a mass process as soon as I can. I find the thought of what could be on the film too exciting to leave hanging around. This being said, I'll sometimes not print a thing from a film until months or even years later - it'll sometimes be one image on a current film that you look at and have a "Aha!" moment, and go back and rediscover something you made years back and print the two or three or four of them as a series - a nice little bit of happenstance.
Old 4th June 2015, 06:49 AM
Friend

I usually develop my films within a week of shooting them and a make a contact sheet soon after to see what I've got. It may be weeks, months or even years before I make a proper print though. Just occasionally the contact print will show an image that excites me and ill pull out all the stops to print while the memory of the moment is still fresh.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies