Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th May 2013, 04:17 PM
Friend

Default FotoR3 Darkoom Materials

If you haven't already done so have a look at the above website. It appears to be based in Spain( Spanish is the main language but you can opt for English)

How would you like FB paper in a box of 100 at 5x7 inches size for about £24? Too much to pay then you could try one for £6.50

Have I had too much wine with Sunday lunch? No just a few strong cups of tea

These are genuine prices. Incredible is the biggest understatement since Michael Fish described the 1987 hurricane as: "It may get a little windy in Kent overnight

The "expensive" paper is described as fine grain and the cheap stuff as rough grain. No idea what those descriptions mean, of course. The paper is I.D.S.( Independent Darkoom Supplies) so purports to be own brand but clearly must be made by some well know manufacturer

Don't wan't to take a chance on it? Then how about 5L of Ilford PQ Universal developer for the outrageous price of about £13. Nearly daylight robbery

Most of the rest of the materials there are at least competitively priced. Ilford D3200 in 120 is very competitive

I am hoping that if I am right about its location in Spain then maybe our FADU friends from Spain will know a little more and share it with us.

If it is a genuine site and it certainly appears that way then it is worth investigating

Mike - in the heart of "Rip-Off "Britain
Old 12th May 2013, 04:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Mike - in the heart of "Rip-Off "Britain
I have just come back from Italy broke and with a relief to be paying UK prices. £6 for a glass of wine, makes UK pubs seem cheap.

Tony
Old 12th May 2013, 05:51 PM
Friend

£6 quid for a glass of wine - that's cheap. There was a bit in the news last week where a family were asked to pay for 3 ice creams - total sum £54. I'm going to Italy next month, but only traveling through from Switzerland to Austria making sure I refuel in Switzerland first.
Old 12th May 2013, 08:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
making sure I refuel in Switzerland first.
You will be thinking I am an old moaner; on the way home from Italy we stopped in Lausanne Switzerland for the night, it cost me twenty quid for a 500ml caraf of their house wine, that's £30 a bottle for their cheap plonk. If I were you John I would stock up in the UK . Switzerland wouldn't accept Euros either, cost me £5 for a newspaper at the station, makes the £13.50 ice creams in Rome sound cheap.

Squint Tony
Old 12th May 2013, 08:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
If it is a genuine site and it certainly appears that way then it is worth investigating
It is, I have been dealing with them since 2005 or 2006.
It is a small company with a wide product selection; personally I never had a single problem and the owner speaks english fluently.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:46 PM
Friend

Good news Muihlinn. I am not a FB user but I am a bit surprised why the prices mentioned doesn't seem to have excited more interest and comments so far on FADU.

Despite not being a FB user I am intrigued about the I.D.S. paper. How can it be sold at the price and still even break-even let alone make a profit

Mike
Old 13th May 2013, 05:40 AM
Friend

I have no idea about who manufactured the paper originally. He has a few brands, IDS, argenti but I don't know about his sources.
Old 13th May 2013, 05:59 AM
Friend

I have also dealt with Foto R3. Not very often, but for the last three or four years.

Although he has very good prices for some of his product range (specially Foma papers), his service fluctuates along the year, depending on his other personal projects (the owner is also a photographer and writer).

Personally, my experience has been good.
Old 13th May 2013, 07:24 AM
Friend

I dealt with Foto-R3 some years ago, but I left because, IMHO, a very poor service.

They are based near Gijón and the owner is, I think, from the USA. Anyway, you can talk to him in english.
Old 13th May 2013, 08:36 PM
Friend

Have bought film from them on several occassions, never had a problem.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies