Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th July 2020, 02:45 PM
Friend

Default Fisheye lens for 35mm

Does anyone have experience of a fisheye lens that delivers a circular image? I almost bought a cheap fisheye that delivered a rectangular image. The cheap ones, with manual diaphragm and manual focus, are made in China and sold through dealers under a variety of unfamiliar brand names.
Old 27th July 2020, 03:39 PM
Friend

Funnily enough I fitted a cheap wide angle/fish eye attachment to a Pentax P30 yesterday.

This one is a Pentavision AF Video Fish_Eye lens came in a job lot of darkroom stuff around 2000, on the front of a Vivitar 28-70mm zoom it gave a circular image at the 28mm end.

Not sure if it was this or another WA attachment I used on my Mamiya 645 a year or so later, amazing close up with colour fringing. I fancy using in on a large format camera lens.

There's one on Ebay now, less than £10 with postage.

Ian
Old 28th July 2020, 10:36 AM
Friend

Hi, there. What about the former U.S.S.R. 8mm Peleng? They used to go cheap (compared to the big brands) on the second hand market. It comes in M42 mount which will fit most brands with an adapter but not Nikon (won't focus at infinity), though the focus mechanism might be adjusted. I think there is a version factory modified with Canon EF or Nikon mounts, maybe from Arax? I have no direct experience with it but I own its 16mm rectilinear cousin Zenitar which I use on my Canon FD bodies with an adapter. This one has a solid and heavy all metal barrel, it's reasonably sharp in the center of the frame with a loss toward borders.
Cheers, M.

Tags
fisheye
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies