Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU 2009 Print Exhibition

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th June 2009, 09:45 AM
Friend

Default The Book

After I had an attack by a guilty conscience, about hogging the front cover of the FADU 2009 exhibition book with one of my own pictures, we discussed the idea of running a competition to find the best picture available, but have now discarded the competition idea too.

What will happen is that a selection will be made, from the exhibition entries received, by the members that view the exhibition, more details on that process later.

So if you fancy a 40:1 chance of getting one of your pictures on the front cover of a book, this is it, get printing; you could be world famous by Christmas.

Incidentally the book will be 10x8 landscape format as this gives the best layout for square and landscape pictures which, it is felt, will be in the majority.
Old 1st July 2009, 04:24 PM
Friend

Dave - the front cover selection it sounds like a great idea

Martin
Old 5th September 2009, 06:09 PM
Friend

The exhibition entries are all in and 25 of you have submitted 110 prints from which I have to select 40 for the exhibition. I have already made the initial selection which is one print from each of you, I now face the task of choosing the remaining 15 to compliment the original selection, something I need to complete during the next week if I'm to remain on schedule.
With regard to the book I’ve decided to make a slight change to the layout; it will now be 8 x 10 portrait format as this was found to be the best compromise after a few trials. I would have like to make it in a square format, but the options are for a 7”x7” book, which is too small, or 12” x 12” which would be nice, but is expensive, and I want to keep it retailing at under £20.

The cover picture will be chosen by members of the week ending group visiting the gallery on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th October. That should mean that the book will be available to order a week or so later. I will post details here when it is.
Old 5th September 2009, 07:18 PM
Friend

Sounds Great,Dave, sadly I will not be able to visit the exhibition,it's that bit of water between us, which woud cost me a lotn of money to cross, that keeps me away, But I will look forward to ordering the book, Richard
Old 5th September 2009, 10:30 PM
Administrator

I have to say, 25 submissions from we happy few, we band of brothers - and sisters - (I may be inappropriately (mis)quoting Shakespeare again - a silly habit as I only have a repertoire of about six quotes) is a jolly good number.

Thankgawd there wasn't more than 40 or I would have had to fall on my sword (or possibly, this dagger I see before me...) and not have a print in the exhibition .
Old 6th September 2009, 09:03 AM
Friend

Yes I agree the 25 is very good indeed, hopefully this will bode well for a further exhibition next year :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 5th October 2009, 10:59 AM
Friend

Our yearbook, FADU 2009, is available for preview and purchase from Blurb at:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/885503
Old 5th October 2009, 01:40 PM
Friend

Just seen the book Dave, looks great. Ordered the Hard back. Once again ta for all your great work, & to your wife as well, great to meet you both.
Old 5th October 2009, 02:13 PM
Friend

Great stuff Dave. Many thanks for all the hard work yourself and others put into this. Just ordered the hardback ...
Old 5th October 2009, 02:26 PM
Friend

Just ordered my copy as well.

To echo some earlier sentiment, thanks Dave for all your efforts in arranging FADU 2009. I couldn't make the meeting or exhibition so I'm looking forward to seeing fellow Friends' work in print as the next best thing.

As a relative beginner I'm also feeling a little smug at now being able to call myself a 'published' photographer.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies