Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU YEARBOOK 2015

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th November 2015, 12:03 PM
Friend

Received my copy yesterday, very pleased with it

thanks again les for doing a very good job

Bob Robertson.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:31 AM
Friend

The 2015 Yearbook has now been available for nearly 4 weeks and 12 copies have been sold although I would expect a few more will be purchased as Christmas presents.

All in all support for the Yearbook these past two years has been disappointing and I cannot see another being published. I certainly have no intention of doing another Yearbook.

I'd like to thank the few who supported both books that I have done and those members who have also posted messages and sent personal good wishes to my wife after her scalding accident.

I think it's also time for me to leave FADU for I have not exposed any film in 8 years nor made a silver print for 3 years. I have also invested many hours in honing my digital skills and I'm enjoying the different direction my photography has taken. My darkroom equipment is being disposed of and the darkroon shed has become a storage place.

Best wishes to FADU and all who support the venture.
Old 24th November 2015, 01:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
The 2015 Yearbook has now been available for nearly 4 weeks and 12 copies have been sold although I would expect a few more will be purchased as Christmas presents.

All in all support for the Yearbook these past two years has been disappointing and I cannot see another being published. I certainly have no intention of doing another Yearbook.
Mine has been shipped but I have not received it yet. (Maybe today?)

I understand your disappointment. I just completed a book (also print on demand through Blurb) of photographs that I have been doing for a documentary project here in Texas. The project was in support of an organization that attracts 150 people to a meet-up each year. At the meeting earlier this month, I sold all 6 copies that I had purchased myself and took with me, plus two others went online to order the book. Otherwise, I had lost count of the number of "friends and relatives" who said they wanted a book while I was working on it, but only two have bought it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
I think it's also time for me to leave FADU for I have not exposed any film in 8 years nor made a silver print for 3 years. I have also invested many hours in honing my digital skills and I'm enjoying the different direction my photography has taken. My darkroom equipment is being disposed of and the darkroon shed has become a storage place.
I understand this too, my friend. I do both types of photography, although color digital is making up a larger and larger percent of the total. It really is a new direction. Nothing wrong with the old way, but if it's no longer right, then one must move on.

Cheers, Les. We'll keep in touch other ways.
Old 24th November 2015, 07:26 PM
Friend

Thanks for your best wishes to FADU, Les. My best wishes to you in your new photographic direction.

Mike
Old 24th November 2015, 08:10 PM
Friend

Once again, thanks and best wishes Les.
It is my intention to come and see you at Morpeth CC in December.......you can not get away.
Old 24th November 2015, 10:11 PM
Friend

Thanks Les for all that you've given to the (analogue) photographic community over the years and best of luck with your photography where ever it takes you.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 25th November 2015, 06:00 AM
Friend

Thank you Les for your great contribution, your participation will be missed. I would like to wish you and your wife the very best for the future.
Richard
Old 25th November 2015, 08:27 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardWarom View Post
Thank you Les for your great contribution, your participation will be missed. I would like to wish you and your wife the very best for the future.
Richard
I will second that, can't agree with using the shed for storage though, sometimes a husband has just got to have somewhere to hide
Old 25th November 2015, 12:43 PM
Friend

Hi Les,
Thanks for all the hard work you have done for FADU and the analogue community over the years and best wishes to you and your wife. I am planning a trip to Northumberland in January so I will be in contact.

Mark
Old 26th November 2015, 06:13 AM
Friend

Thanks Les for all the support and time you have given. All the best to you and your wife for the future.
Steve
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies