Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st October 2020, 01:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaAnderson View Post
That's ridiculous what is going on with the market. Prices go up because people who don't know much about this will overspend since that's what ebay shows... It's good to have this forum or other friends who can help save a bit of money
Emma, I have just noticed that this is your first and only post here. Welcome to the forum. Why not head over to the Introductions area, say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself and your photography? We're a pretty friendly bunch here. Happy to have you!
Old 21st October 2020, 02:33 PM
Friend

There would appear to be a reply by Svend made after 2 o'clock this afternoon but it's nowhere to be seen on my FADU Mine ends with John King at 12:15 am

I have refreshed my screen but it makes no difference

Is it just me or can no-one else see Svend's reply?

Thanks

Mike

Now Svend's has appeared. It was almost as if I had to add a reply for the previous one to show? What is going on?
Old 21st October 2020, 05:39 PM
Friend

I noticed that too Mike. Temporary blip, post lost in the ether somewhere . All good now...
Old 21st October 2020, 07:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svend View Post
I noticed that too Mike. Temporary blip, post lost in the ether somewhere . All good now...
Thanks Svend so I am not going mad

What was also strange is that normally on FADU once I post I cannot see my own post until someone else posts on that particular thread but on this occasion my own post showed up immediately in the same way it does on Photrio

Mike
Old 21st October 2020, 08:50 PM
Friend

Default New Member

Yes I had overlooked the appearance of a new member . Welcome indeed Emma.
Old 21st October 2020, 08:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Thanks Svend so I am not going mad

What was also strange is that normally on FADU once I post I cannot see my own post until someone else posts on that particular thread but on this occasion my own post showed up immediately in the same way it does on Photrio

Mike
Mike If you press Control and R together it refreshes the post and you can see what you have typed straight away
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:25 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Mike If you press Control and R together it refreshes the post and you can see what you have typed straight away
That's interesting John, as I was always told to press Control + F5 for a complete reload of the page one is viewing.

Terry S
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:36 AM
Friend

On my keyboard Ctrl + R, Ctrl +F5 or F5 on its own all seem to d the same thing which is refresh the page. I did try F5 on the day in question and it did not do as John suggested

I suppose the plain fact is and it's one I am prepared to live with, is that our site is a little more "clunky" than Photrio in its operation but the kind of sophistication on Photrio comes at what I think is quite a high cost that may be unaffordable.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies