Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th September 2014, 12:06 AM
Friend

For Delta or T-Max films I'd advocate enough exposure to get the shadow details but not too long a developer time as this can significantly increase grain. ILFORD FP4 Plus is probably a good reliable starting point.
Old 13th September 2014, 07:24 PM
Friend

Well the Fomapan is certainly under, I have some delta from the same place shot with the same camera and filter that is much better, maybe its a little under too and I can't see it, I dunno.
I measured the filter with an F3 I think, but the way things have gone lately its difficult to be certain of anything.
Its a Kood 2, that's all it says on it, nearest I can research is a cokin R2 which is 2 1/2 to 3 stops, so I dunno.
Anyway, it doesn't matter, I've got loads of negs without filters, its an added distraction and something easily removed from the equation.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies