Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Articles > Articles

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Nova Slot Processor Repair
Tensol 12
GoodOldNorm
6th December 2014
My Nova tank had a crack around the top of two dividing sections as shown in photo 1. The tank was thoroughly washed out and then dried for three days near a radiator. Using a cotton bud I then cleaned the crack with some upvc cleaner (acetone). You can use petroleum ether and then wash it off with...
By Stocky on 10th December 2014, 10:55 PM

I have used Steradent for years. Now I have found that its active ingredient, sulfamic acid, is available neat in hardware shops at a fraction of the price I'll start using it.
By GoodOldNorm on 21st May 2015, 04:50 PM
Default glue

Found another glue that works very well EverBuild stick2 Hard Plastic Adhesive
By John King on 21st May 2015, 05:20 PM
Default Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
For what it is worth I found that Tarbuster is excellent and reasonably economical for ridding the slot of developer tar, especially RA4 developer but nothing like as good for fixer stains where good old fashioned household bleach and a bit of time seems to work better and quite cheaply

Mike
Tarbuster is fine but unless it is done outside or in a well ventilated room the fumes will do damage to your respiratory system plus it is very expensive for what its worth.

I found out by accident the cleaner used to brighten up alloy will work much better. I use alloy cleaner as sold by Tool Mart at £3.75 a litre. Based on Phosphoric Acid, it has very little smell and really shifts the muck.

It will NOT remove staining where bleach has broken down and entered the surface of the glossy acryilic (neither will Tarbuster) So if they have been used for a year or two on a regular basis there is no way anything will remove the marks.
By KevinAllan on 23rd May 2015, 01:07 AM

I broke my Nova tank by stepping on the base just after unpacking it after purchase; Tensol 12 came to the rescue and so far it is holding well.
By Martin Reed on 26th May 2015, 12:37 PM

The most common problem with Nova units is breakage of the water inlet or outlet pipes. If this happens to anyone else maybe give Novocrylics, the manufacturer, a ring. Breaking these off, especially the little water inlet pipe, has happened many many times - they should be able to supply a repair kit, replacement pipe + cement. Then it's just a matter of carefully drilling out the stump & putting the new pipe in.
Comment
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search