Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th March 2019, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
My print is also on the way now.
Frank
... and received today (actually yesterday, but I was away overnight...)

A nicely observed (and exposed!) doorway in the old part of Metz in France - all high-key stonework and painted wood - difficult to expose for in sun without getting too-harsh shadows.

Cheers Frank!
Old 29th March 2019, 08:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Apologies, mine were printed at the beginning of the month, but only now have I found time to send them off.

I'm off to the post office right now, so consider them sent

Terry S
Received yesterday (Didn't get chance to say last night). Lovely picture of a Roman building. Thank you for sending two prints and different paper as its really helpful to see how images come out on the different type. I can't decide which paper I like the most as they both have qualities I like.

Thanks
David
Old 29th March 2019, 09:34 PM
Friend

Mine's in the post.
Old 30th March 2019, 12:26 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quendil View Post
Received yesterday (Didn't get chance to say last night). Lovely picture of a Roman building. Thank you for sending two prints and different paper as its really helpful to see how images come out on the different type. I can't decide which paper I like the most as they both have qualities I like.

Thanks
David
I'm glad you received the prints so quickly David and thanks for the comments.

And I'm the same David, when it comes to papers. I've got a few different boxes of paper and regularly try each out, liking each of them at that moment in time. I doubt if I could ever just reach for one paper and say 'This is my overall favourite', just because they are all so different. I do have a regular go to, but that's not quite the same to me.

Terry S
Old 4th April 2019, 09:21 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Mine's in the post.
And received yesterday. thanks. A print of an unusual building in Malta.
Thanks, Mike
Old 8th April 2019, 07:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
One of those is mine... The water heater I use in the darkroom has sprung a leak and I've been trying to fix it on and off for the last week (and failing miserably - seems the membrane switches are impossible to patch and spares are made from unobtainium), so it will have to be one from my archive I'm afraid! I'll get it in the post tomorrow a.m. on the way to work.

Cheers, Bob.
Received today - a very nice print of a farmhouse in Lake District with snow-clad mountains in the background shrouded a bit in low clouds. I really like details and tones in the trees and the house itself pops out from darker tones with brilliant white. Also I'd say the composition is great.
Old 13th April 2019, 11:43 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Mine's in the post.

And they arrived safely here a couple of days ago. Not one but 3 prints on different papers. I think you are right Rob, that paper is losing contrast but it might work really well for some lumen prints? Or low contrast work maybe.

Anyhow, a very nice set of images, thank you very much!

fran
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies