Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st August 2019, 09:43 AM
Print Exchange Manager

The list for Round 113, Aug. 2019 is now closed.
The following have opted to enter:

MikeHeller
Terry S
Richard Gould
MartyNL
PanFrank
Bob
Derek Lincoln
alexmuir
skellum

Any omissions or any other probs, please let me know. PMs will hopefully go out by the w/e.

Mike
Old 1st August 2019, 03:40 PM
Print Exchange Manager

PMs have been sent out. Please let me know if you don't receive one or any other probs.
Thanks, Mike
Old 8th August 2019, 11:51 AM
Friend

My effort was put in the post yesterday, Wednesday 07 August 2019, which is much earlier than normal for me.

Terry S
Old 13th August 2019, 11:50 AM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering is in the post.
Mike
Old 13th August 2019, 04:09 PM
Friend

My print was posted today.
Frank
Old 14th August 2019, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My effort was put in the post yesterday, Wednesday 07 August 2019, which is much earlier than normal for me.

Terry S
And received at the office last Friday - unfortunately, I have been away until this a.m. so didn't get to pick them up until today - sorry 'bout the delay.

Two panoramic shots, one a cityscape and the other a seascape, make a nice change from the inevitable landscapes that I trot out.

The seascape in particular draws the eye - the wide expanse of the strand with many of the boats slightly out of the water on "legs" at low-tide make me wonder if they are about to stroll up to the land... An excellent choich of subject for the format.

Yeah, right - "no more cameras" But I have heard good tales of the Horizon panoramic pinhole cameras and doing panoramic by shooting wider on 35mm film sounds like a good idea rather than have the greater bulk of 120 film.

And to answer your question: how many cameras you need is, generally speaking, just one more than you have at the moment...

Thanks and cheers, Bob.
Old 14th August 2019, 08:43 PM
Administrator

The gallery for round 113 is now open for prints to be shown :-)
Old 15th August 2019, 11:49 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
And received at the office last Friday - unfortunately, I have been away until this a.m. - sorry 'bout the delay.

Yeah, right - "no more cameras" But I have heard good tales of the Horizon panoramic pinhole cameras and doing panoramic by shooting wider on 35mm film sounds like a good idea rather than have the greater bulk of 120 film.

Bob.
Hi Bob. thanks for the comments and I'm just pleased to get the prints out early for once, so a delay in picking them is no worry for me.

As for the Horizon panoramic camera, it is actually a fully lensed version and not a pinholer. It takes 35mm film and shoots about 11 pictures to the roll of 36 if I remember from reading the instructions, giving negs of 24mm by about 58mm - again if I remember correctly! (Excuse the fuzzy brain today.)

It only cost 99 pounds plus postage of course and appears to be a well constructed camera. I'm hoping to take it out on it's maiden try out tomorrow, all going well.

There's a recent thread about it on here, if you or anyone else is curious and hasn't read it:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ad.php?t=12536

Terry S
Old 17th August 2019, 08:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
My print was posted today.
Frank
And it arrived safe and sound today.

Frank has sent a silhouette self portrait using his zero image pinhole camera. A personal image, fuzzy and playful.

Many thanks,
Martin

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 18th August 2019, 11:31 AM
Friend

Hi Martin,
Indeed, playful was the idea and furthermore something somehow iconic for a photographer in general.
Recognised this morning that I forgot to scan the print. Therefore went to the darkroom and made another one. But guess the grade is not the same as with your print. But got me going to make 5 more prints. So I had a perfect start this Sunday morning and all is well. :-)
Frank
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies