Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th January 2009, 04:41 PM
Friend

Default Mamiya 645 Super - repair

Dear all

My Mamiya 645 does not focus beyond infinity any more, actually it doesn't focus on infinity either. I checked my lenses on a friends Mamiya body on it worked fine. I had his lenses on my body and it's the same problem so I assume it's my camera body.

Can anyone recommend a reliable place where I can have my camera serviced/repaired? I wouldn't have a problem to post the camera so it doesn't need to be local.

Or perhaps someone can make a suggestion on what to check first on the camera. It has always been handled with care and there were no accidents.

Thank you

http://www.stephanerocher.co.uk
Old 5th January 2009, 04:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Dear all

My Mamiya 645 does not focus beyond infinity any more, actually it doesn't focus on infinity either. I checked my lenses on a friends Mamiya body on it worked fine. I had his lenses on my body and it's the same problem so I assume it's my camera body.

Can anyone recommend a reliable place where I can have my camera serviced/repaired? I wouldn't have a problem to post the camera so it doesn't need to be local.

Or perhaps someone can make a suggestion on what to check first on the camera. It has always been handled with care and there were no accidents.

Thank you
There are a number of repairers listed in the Links section under repairers that have been recommended by members.
Old 5th January 2009, 05:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Dear all

Thank you

I've had good service from Luton Cameras - in Luton!
Old 5th January 2009, 06:20 PM
Friend

At the risk of stating the obvious:

http://www.mamiya.co.uk/index.php?content=contact+us
Old 6th January 2009, 09:33 PM
Friend

Thanks Andrew, I'll check it out.

I did find a few places on the net which do repairs (incl. the Mamiya website!). However, I was looking for recommendation to see which one to go for. I should have been more clear about this.

http://www.stephanerocher.co.uk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies