Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th April 2010, 07:40 AM
Friend

I'm not familiar with 'Peter Hogan's tester' but have just done a search and have bookmarked his monochromephotography website so will have a read shortly.

Given that there is a link button to my site (and other sites that sponsor FADU) at the top of the pages, and Kevin obviously hadn't seen it, I'm wondering if other people, especially new people, bother to look properly at this site...
Old 26th April 2010, 07:58 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Hogan View Post
I'm not familiar with 'Peter Hogan's tester' but have just done a search and have bookmarked his monochromephotography website so will have a read shortly.

Given that there is a link button to my site (and other sites that sponsor FADU) at the top of the pages, and Kevin obviously hadn't seen it, I'm wondering if other people, especially new people, bother to look properly at this site...
Peter,

Where is this 'link button' - All I can see are a few banner ads that randomly change at the to of the main forum page, I can't see one with 'Peter Hogan' or 'Fixer Tester' on it

I must admit to not always automatically looking at adverts on websites though...

EDIT:
After about 15-20 refreshes I found it. Funny how some come up time after time more than others... Maybe nothing is ever 'random'?
Old 27th April 2010, 04:15 AM
Friend

EDIT:
After about 15-20 refreshes I found it. Funny how some come up time after time more than others... Maybe nothing is ever 'random'?

You're right - I tried refreshing to see how many other buttons came up before mine. Varied between 8 and 34! As there is only, I think 5 different buttons, 34 refreshes seems far too 'random' to me. Perhaps Dave would like to comment...
Old 27th April 2010, 06:37 AM
Friend

It's a random selection that will equalise over a period, but I will look into it again.
Old 3rd May 2010, 05:42 PM
Friend

As a brief follow-up on my original query, I found the majority of the pink dye came out after development. After fixing there was very little colour in the fixer and have poured this back into the remainder of the litre I had made-up, the colour has barely changed after two films (1 x ISO100 & 1 x ISO400 T-Max).
Both films were fixed for around 8 mins and have no pink tint to them.

I will obviously keep my eye on the fixer with a quick test strip just before preparing for another developing session and may increase fixing times slightly as it gets used, just to make sure.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

regards
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies