Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th January 2015, 09:13 PM
Friend

Default Satisfaction (self)

Don't you think that there is some degree of smugness due when things all go right in the dark room.

New RA4 developer, Stop bath and Blix in the Nova, add to that, a new box of Fuji lustre colour paper plus plenty of peace and quiet.

I think for the 1st time ever, (and I have been printing colour for close on 25 years) Tonight I was able to print 4 10x12 colour prints all from differing stips of film with differing filtration and getting it right each time.
Old 8th January 2015, 10:05 PM
Friend

John, I've been printing even longer (all B& W ) and I've never even attempted what you've just done.
If I was you I'd be preening like crazy. Well done.

Now, get those prints posted . . .
Old 10th January 2015, 11:28 AM
Friend

Thumbs up

I'm with Skellum. Well done I know how difficult it is.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 10th January 2015, 01:57 PM
Friend

Default Down Siide

All my self satisfaction has taken a tumble. I processed 2 films yesterday, 1 B&W and 1 Colour and both indicate under development. I know that the times/dilutions/developer condition were spot on which leaves only the thermometer accuracy

I have just shot a test colour film using my Nikon F6 and a prime 105mm lens and I'm now waiting for the processor to warm up to 38c.
I am using 2 thermometers to check the developer temp, one a Kodak digital and the other a certified mercury type and at present both are indicating within .2 of degree of each other, so we will have to see how we get on.
Old 10th January 2015, 05:13 PM
Friend

John, at 0.2 degrees of each other, you'll be fine. I think that "they say" 0.2 is the acceptable tolerance but I suspect it to be quite a bit more in the C41 process. It really depends on how under-developed the previous two films are but I again think you are likely to be fine

Here's hoping, should hope even be needed

Mike
Old 10th January 2015, 06:26 PM
Friend

The test film has been processed and all appears fine. The edge markings are the usual depth and highlight detail is OK.

On the other two the edge markings were pale and obviously under developed and shadow detail was almost non existant. If anyone had asked me I would have said the digital thermometer which I used yesterday (now over 25 years old) was about 3-4 degrees reading too high, but obviously not.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies