Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Reviews > Books

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st February 2015, 11:38 AM
Friend

Default Approaching Photography. Paul Hill

Another book by Paul Hill. Hill is an important figure in British photography. I was a student of his 2001 to 2002 and found his guidance and advice immensely valuable. This book tries to encapsulate many of his theories to encourage clear thinking and focuses more on the concepts behind photographs rather than the techniques used to make them. Photographic literature is awash with many books on the how's (much of it useless rubbish) and not enough writing on the why's. If students of photography concentrated more on the why's, the world of photography would be a better place. Easy to read in clearly set out chapters such as; 'Seeing and Thinking Photographically' and 'Experiencing Beauty.' Recommended reading for all of my students and I cannot recommend it highly enough here, where most of the discussion is about the 'how's.'
Old 21st February 2015, 12:10 PM
Friend

My copy arrived this morning as it happens
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies