Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st May 2019, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Mine on its way too.

Last edited by Bob; 1st June 2019 at 01:24 AM.
Old 31st May 2019, 08:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Posted mine this evening.
When the postage read "Nederland", then I had a qualified guess, who sent me the envelope. When I opened the envelope I, I had a qualified guess that the photo was not made in Old Zeeland.

Thank you very much, Marty. A wonderful landscape from New Zealand. A nice foreground with a winding road leading to a beautiful mountainside. The sky is terrific and therefore the decision for a landscape in portrait format is excellent. Not many would have seen this in that way. The print is just great.

Frank
Old 31st May 2019, 09:15 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
When the postage read "Nederland", then I had a qualified guess, who sent me the envelope. When I opened the envelope I, I had a qualified guess that the photo was not made in Old Zeeland.

Thank you very much, Marty. A wonderful landscape from New Zealand. A nice foreground with a winding road leading to a beautiful mountainside. The sky is terrific and therefore the decision for a landscape in portrait format is excellent. Not many would have seen this in that way. The print is just great.

Frank

Many thanks, Frank. I'm pleased the image and idea connected with you. Strangely enough, I've just got back from 2 days in Zeeland. I didn't find anything like this though, unfortunately!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 4th June 2019, 04:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Mine on its way too.

And the package has just arrived. Two excellent prints of Roughting Linn, a very impressive waterfall. The prints are on Ilford FB paper, and have lovely deep tones to offset the falling water. Bob has used Benzotriazole to cool the tone of one of the prints. It’s not a technique I am familiar with, and I have to agree that the difference is very subtle. It would be difficult to choose a favourite, and I am delighted with both of them. Many thanks Bob.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 6th June 2019, 09:27 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Mine has just been posted.

Terry S
And it arrived here safe and sound yesterday Terry -two prints on different papers from Rome. One is RC and one is FB - usually FB gives a deeper, richer print (of the ones I've tried) but Terry uses Kentmere RC fine lustre which I had a box of one time. Its a super paper I find....

The other paper is Ilford matt FB - I agree Terry, not everyone like matt paper but I think they work really well for some things. IR prints and portraits are what I've had the best success with..... but that's only in my hands!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies