Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd February 2018, 08:04 PM
Friend

Got home today to find my print waiting.
From TerryS, with whom I have been matched before. It depicts part of a wooden gate, partly grown over. Full of texture, printed on a lustre paper.
Interesting for me as I've fallen into a habit of using gloss all the time.
He also shot it on a pretty basic camera, which I would never have guessed could do this. Kudos, Terry.
Old 4th February 2018, 12:34 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Got home today to find my print waiting.
From TerryS, with whom I have been matched before. It depicts part of a wooden gate, partly grown over. Full of texture, printed on a lustre paper.
Interesting for me as I've fallen into a habit of using gloss all the time.
He also shot it on a pretty basic camera, which I would never have guessed could do this. Kudos, Terry.
Thanks for letting me know of the prints arrival. And a bit quicker that I would have thought!

Yes, RC lustre / oyster papers are well worth a look at, especially when you fall into the habit of using your 'usual' paper and surface.

I'm usually a pearl surface man but have been leaning towards lustre / oyster and FB matt surfaces of late. 'Change is as good as a rest', as the saying goes.

Oh, and the camera is a (green on this occasion) Konica Pop. A great little carry around point and shoot camera, which can be picked up for a few quids or so.

And I must scan this print and a few others from previous rounds, to go into the albums, as it seems some of us of got in the habit of not doing that either, so everyone else can see the prints they didn't get.

Terry S
Old 8th February 2018, 08:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Mine posted today first class.
Sorry guys - I've been out of contact the last week or so, received a lovely print from teejay last friday - lovely details in a print of a engine/gearbox..... thank you teejay!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies