Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th August 2020, 12:54 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Good to know, Norm so thanks for the feedback. Mine hasn't got that far yet and they are very capable cameras so I'd probably want to have it fixed.

Any idea about how robust the replacement part is compared to the original part or do you think it will always need to be nursed?
The new ribbon cable is thinner than the Fuji original, the replacement should have more room to move where it threads through the back door hinge, only time will tell! I am careful when I open the back film door, I tend to lower the door gently and let it rest without it dangling. I load the camera by placing it between my thighs in a sitting position or by resting it across something like my camera bag dividers to support the door.
Old 28th August 2020, 02:21 PM
Friend

Well it would seem to be good news for our two newcomers as well. One of those mentioned thinking about getting a P645NII instead. I have a P645N and it is a nice camera but if you have a Fuji that can be repaired for £205 then this is a lot less money that you can expect to pay for a P645N let alone the extra that a P645NII might cost

Mike
Old 28th August 2020, 03:31 PM
Friend

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Yes, good news Norm, as it's always handy to know these things.

Having just looked on ebay, there are dozens of these cameras on offer. All strangely are from Japan, bar one, which is from the Czech Republic. Are they just extremely popular in use in Japan or do they all migrate there I wonder?

One on offer though made my brain wonder, is one that apparently has a counter number of zero, yet the seller describes it as mint and with scuff marks associated with general use...?

Terry

I believe the frame counter can be easily set to whatever figure you like or disengaged altogether. I will just keep using mine until it is beyond economical to repair. I just love the camera for hill walking, fast to use and the camera makes quality negatives that produce lovely 16x12 prints. Medium format point and shoot: program mode,aperture priority or full manual mode. I tend to load it with Kodak Portra 400 with a polarizing filter atached, iso set at 200. Photography on the go, my walking friends don't have to wait long for me to catch up after making a photograph.

Last edited by Bob; 30th August 2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 29th August 2020, 11:47 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
I believe the frame counter can be easily set to whatever figure you like or disengaged altogether.
Ah, that explains it, but it also worries me that the buyer then has no idea as to how much the camera has been used. 'Buyer beware', as the saying goes.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies