Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th February 2020, 06:21 PM
Friend

Default 110 Film and Half Frame

So I finally got some 110 and half frame holders for my Vivitar enlarger and a 35mm enlarging lens. I dug out my one lot of negatives taken with a Pen EE3 last year and printed off some pictures. I am quite happy with how they have turned out and will get the Pen out again to try and concentrate and take some better pictures.

The one question i have, is the 35mm lens ok for 110 film? I have my Minolta 110 Zoom load up but not had chance to use it yet in this weather.

Thanks
David
Old 16th February 2020, 07:58 PM
Friend

110 film is a little too large for a Vivitar enlarge, each negative is 5"x4"

Joking apart as I do have a proper 110 camera made between 1898 & 1904, your 35mm lens should be fine for Half frame and the newer small 110 negatives.

Ian
Old 16th February 2020, 08:18 PM
Friend

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th February 2020, 09:24 PM
Friend

I used to use my 50mm lens when I used to dev and print them (back in the day)

www.essexcockney.com
Old 17th February 2020, 05:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
110 film is a little too large for a Vivitar enlarge, each negative is 5"x4"

Joking apart as I do have a proper 110 camera made between 1898 & 1904, your 35mm lens should be fine for Half frame and the newer small 110 negatives.

Ian
Great thanks. Better take some photos then
Old 17th February 2020, 07:26 PM
Friend

In my case there's no chance of 110 film, the camera is made by The Alliance Roll-film Camera Co. Ltd, part owned by Houghtons, they took over the company in 1904 and cameras carried the Ensign name. The Kodak equivalents Folding and Autographic 3a's could take a dual back plates or 110 roll film as could other models of Alliance/Ensign cameras but there's no references for my camera anywhere

Denise Ross (The Light Farm) in the US makes her own roll films so it's not totally impossible, as I spent a few years making emulsions commercially but . . . . . . . . .

Ian

Look for a real 110 camera to put alongside your
Old 19th February 2020, 11:38 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quendil View Post
So I finally got some 110 and half frame holders for my Vivitar enlarger and a 35mm enlarging lens. I dug out my one lot of negatives taken with a Pen EE3 last year and printed off some pictures. I am quite happy with how they have turned out and will get the Pen out again to try and concentrate and take some better pictures.

The one question i have, is the 35mm lens ok for 110 film? I have my Minolta 110 Zoom load up but not had chance to use it yet in this weather.

Thanks
David
The ideal lens for printing 110 is 28mm, back in my photo lab days we used 28mm f4 fixed aperture schneider componon lenses on Pako printers regularly making prints up to 10x8 from 110 negatives (not the old roll film type).
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies