Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd February 2021, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I believe the dyes are in a gelatine coating so any water will draw the dyes out of the gelatine and render the gelatine soft and so easy to damage.

If you can't see any discolouration or distortion when looking through the filter then it looks like you were lucky and certainly did the right thing in not trying to wipe it dry.
A bit late... But no, it didn't work for me. I might as well have been using water. A few seconds soak in 99.9% IPA still makes the dyes run if you wipe the filter even very, very softly I didn't notice any change in colour if I just let it soak, but I only soaked it for 10 seconds or so.

Last edited by Bob; 3rd February 2021 at 10:05 PM.
Old 4th February 2021, 05:42 PM
Friend

I would be careful not to wipe the filters it will fog the surface leaving wipe marks.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies